mcarterbrown.com

Old 06-16-2010, 10:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
Rocking the casbah

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
velocity is cranked all the way up, i read something about the stock r/t on/off but he didn't include any extra parts save for some bolt springs....
Tek2974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
Rocking the casbah

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
question, if i unscrew the part that says xvalve off the other part of the assembly so the pin is exposed, and blow air through the macroline and nothing comes out, is something wrong?

EDIT: hooked my tank up and did it, air came right out....wtf is going on here......
Old 06-17-2010, 01:09 AM   #23 (permalink)
Five four three two one

I know it sounds crazy but try loosening your front frame screw just a bit more.

Also, check your on/off pin and make sure it isn't bent.
onecaribou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:37 AM   #24 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecaribou View Post
I know it sounds crazy but try loosening your front frame screw just a bit more.

Also, check your on/off pin and make sure it isn't bent.
Actually not too crazy. If the frame screw and field strip screw are too tight, then the tolerances between the sear and on/off may be off. There might not be enough room for the on/off pin to fully extend and let air into the dump chamber. When I've had this problem in the past, I've actually loosened the field strip screw a little bit.

Is this the gun in question? WTS Custom R/T mag

I noticed that you said that you have a quad O-ring in the on/off, is this correct? Looks like this:

In the F/S thread he says that there is a standard R/T on/off installed. Using a quad o-ring in an R/T on/off can work, but the pin needs to be shorter. Generally quads are used in E-Mags with pins that are .712 inches long. R/T's use pins that are .750 inches long. Basically the quad o-rings lighten the pull (E-Mags needed that because the solenoid plungers didn't have enough strength to work with a standard o-ring), but they also move the open/close area of the on/off down by something like .025 inches. So, if you're using a .750 pin with a quad o-ring, it's really like the pin is .775 inches, thus being too long to properly open/close the on/off. Sorry if that's confusing. If you loosen the field strip screw a little bit, this effectively moves the pin down to a point where it will open/close properly. You may just need to change it out with a normal on/off top o-ring. Teflon O-Ring 4-Pack
xero28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:27 AM   #25 (permalink)
Rocking the casbah

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
ok, on the bottom it's 2 o rings inside each other, then in between the two brass inserts is another two, that designates it as the quad o ring system correct?
Old 06-17-2010, 07:30 AM   #26 (permalink)
Marathoner

The pressure is not enough to overcome the "sticktion" of the carrier o-ring friction and the bolt spring.

1. You must use a high pressure output tank > 800 psi.
2. Turn up the velocity.
3. Use oil.
4. Use a shorter/softer bolt spring.
5. If all else fails, you will need to move to a larger carrier. You want the largest carrier that does not leak (don't use shims while checking)
Old 06-17-2010, 07:57 AM   #27 (permalink)
Rocking the casbah

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
He gave me two additional springs w/ the one that's in the gun, the one thats in is a gold one, there's also a red one and silver that came with it. My hpa tank is outputting a nice 850psi, double checked it on one of my other guns
Old 06-17-2010, 09:34 AM   #28 (permalink)
Formerly known as DMex

Try installing a regular on/off oring. If you have a regular mech on/off pin (.750). The quad oring will simulate an even longer pin and can give you the issues you’re having now.

Few other things since you’re new to the marker. Oil is a mags best friend. When you think you have enough, you don't. Take it fully apart and manually oil everything. Even pull out your reg pin and oil that beast. That pin is probably the most neglected part on the marker.

Before you walk on the field, fill the QD closes to the valve with oil and shoot it out. You'll be good to go the rest of the day.

Make sure you have a 1/16 in gap between the trigger sear arm. Changing the grip or even the rail will change the gap if not to AGD specs.

Last edited by Ando; 06-17-2010 at 09:53 AM.
Ando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:52 AM   #29 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek2974 View Post
ok, on the bottom it's 2 o rings inside each other, then in between the two brass inserts is another two, that designates it as the quad o ring system correct?
No, a quad o-ring is an actually o-ring with 4 edges, like the one in my last post.
xero28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:02 PM   #30 (permalink)
Rocking the casbah

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
ok then, i have two o rings, one inside each other.....

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs