mcarterbrown.com

Old 05-11-2007, 09:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

for sure, let me know

Walking_Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:44 PM   #22 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart

20-25 shots per 12 gram

sans sideline i was only getting 10 before it froze up
doc Zox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:15 PM   #23 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I would recommend running antisyphon definitely however a reg should also be used. I played with my mag for years in California and use to run the antisyphon + expansion chamber and it would still freeze the o-rings when I hammered on the trigger, or if I shot the gun at weird angles.

I used to run the antisyphon with a decent reg mounted as a foregrip. Does anyone remeber the KC No Hot Shots reg? Was made of aluminum but worked great. I later upgraded to the Unireg, which was pretty much the same as the reg on the mag. Never had any issues with freezing when I ran that setup. Air America made the Unireg so if you find anything similar to that setup or anything made by Palmer you should be fine.
oldskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:00 AM   #24 (permalink)
Steve

Fan of EMR
Im not sure how beneficial an anti-siphon will be to him if he is using an angled back-bottle adapter attached right to the rail like Doc-Zox has on his Mag. Due to the angle the gun will already be drawing from the top of the tank where the gas is... if you put an anti-siphon on there it may have a higher chance of drawing liquid into the gun as the tube is more likely to be under liquid CO2 in the angled configuration. Just a thought.

Old 05-17-2007, 06:42 PM   #25 (permalink)
Steve

Fan of EMR
Most Anti-siphons I have seen have reached pretty far into the tank, which is the ONLY reason I would be concerned about using one on an angled bottomline.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:56 PM   #26 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

I honestly don't see why people get in a knot when dealing with reg swaps and anti-siphons/siphons. You deal with the same pressures every time you are installing small parts. It's a simple matter of degassing the tank, installing the fitting and screwing everything back together. A little education and some precautionary measures will make everything perfectly safe. Watch your tank/valve whenever you remove it and you'll be fine. I don't even use loctite on my HPA regs, and even with low tank pressures, they have never come undone.

As for installing an anti-siphon on the already angled Mag ASA - I think that a shorter tube length with a more pronounced bend would work best.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:57 PM   #27 (permalink)
Cheffer

I try to get my anti-siphon tubes to just run up the inside of the shoulder of the tank, to avoid the problem of angling up and getting liquid.

I also read somewhere that putting a pin in the tip of the tube, then clamping down to crimp the very end, leaving just the small hole the pin protected, helps. I don't know, but I did it to mine, and it works great.

I also use an on/off asa on almost all my guns. I find if I put an anti-siphon tank on, and it's upside down, I can back it out until the tube is at the top (keep it marked!!) and then turn the asa on. The pressure between the asa and the tank keeps it rock steady (kinda similiar to facing an oring in there).
jhyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
A little education and some precautionary measures will make everything perfectly safe.
Exactly. After having a few tanks worked on, or should I say worked over by a local "airsmith" I decided to work on my own exclusively.

All my tanks are either siphon or anti-siphon. Each one is set up for a specific gun or configuration. As was mentioned, an anti-siphon tube for an angled asa will be set up differently than one in a 0 degree horizontal.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:02 PM   #29 (permalink)
Vyo
Rec Poster

Fan of EMR
AKA Fan
for my classic, i'm normaly running a normal co2 tank, on my back coiled remote to a adjustable t stock, vert asa to the valve. yea.. it's a lot but never have problems.

My MCB Feedback
Vyo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs