mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-16-2007, 12:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

To help increase gas flow I would replase the micro fittings with SS braided or macro. I would even be interested in buying those micro fittings from you.

Why is there a zip tie on the gun? if it is in place of the front grip frame screw I woull definitly replace it with the actual screw itself.
Chemical-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

I plan on doing a milsim later on with this marker.

I plan on doing a milsim later on with this marker. I will eventually remove the expansion Chamber and go with compressed air. I prefer the micro lines for this reason.

Right now this is my best paintball marker and I want to use it for actual play.

I adjusted the velocity on this, so I think this may have something to do with the leak. It was at 240 ft. per second before the adjustment.

Why is there a zip tie on the gun? The marker is pretty much the way I received it. I have yet to take it apart or modify anything. I have approximately 10 or 15 various markers in various states of repair. I was trying to avoid adding this one to list. My bedroom is beginning to look like an armory.

Shaken......but not stirred. Licenced to paint.

Last edited by bond commander bond; 03-16-2007 at 01:39 PM.
bond commander bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Where is the leak coming from?

Since you said it started after you turned up the velocity, I suspect it's coming out the back. Chances are you just need to clean out the back half of the valve. It gets rather grimey in there in a well used mag. You may need to replace the piston o-ring back there but usually a good cleaning does the trick.

If the leak is coming out the front you probibly need to replace the pt o-ring.

Either way as was said before the first thing you try should be a lot of oil and a bunch of dry firing.

Does it look like the zip-tie is holding the rail to the barrel? or is it holding on the expansion chamber? Is there a screw in front of the trigger going up into the rail?

-MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
It will eventually get to the point where you're living in the back of a '78 Oldsmobile with a trunk full of the finest paintball gear known to man.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Old 'n Slow

Didn't you guys watch "The Fast and the Furious"?

The red button is for the NOS.
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Ghost with the most

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Power Send a message via MSN to Phantom Power

Even if you switch to HPA, you'll get shootdown with those microlines on there. Automag valves recharge fast. Even the original A.I.R valves, though they're not as fast as X-valves, will recharge fast enough to make that microline a bottleneck.

It's quite possible to run an Automag on CO2. Anti-siphon bottles are the key.
Phantom Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:02 AM   #16 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Power View Post
Even if you switch to HPA, you'll get shootdown with those microlines on there. Automag valves recharge fast. Even the original A.I.R valves, though they're not as fast as X-valves, will recharge fast enough to make that microline a bottleneck.

It's quite possible to run an Automag on CO2. Anti-siphon bottles are the key.

Micro line isnt all that bad. For a mech gun it will work just fine. We used Microline for many years on our mech guns, and even on some early electros, it works better than people think. You gotta realize, a larger line, cannot move the air as fast as the smaller line. So as long as your feeding a secondary reg or expansion chamber, micro-line can work just as well as, if not better than Macro. Bigger is not always better.................

Bond:
That Expansion chamber that is on your gun, is one of the best there is. Once set-up properly it can work as well as HPA, in 55+ degree weather. Anti-siphon a Co2 tank to match the asa, and use that expansion chamber.
Shane-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Thank you everybody who offered advice!

Thank you everybody who offered advice on how to fix this automag .

It's amazing what a 10 minute video on the you tube can do. I actually had spare parts in a small bag that came with this paintball marker. And sure enough, just like in the video, it was a small front inside o-ring that was causing the problem. It also had a second bolt with a foam tip already attached which will help prevent paintball breakage.

Anyways, I appreciate all the advice. As it turns out this is a pretty easy to maintain gun after all. My baby is safe......... that's all that matters.

Shaken......but not stirred. Licenced to paint.
bond commander bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

If you are going to run it on CO2 that expansion chamber will work fine, especially with an anti syphon tank. I had a similar set-up on my mag (it's an old school set-up called a micro-knight basically a 3.5oz CO2 tank mounted vertically as an expansion chamber/foregrip).
A couple of things you might want to consider:
-You can't shoot down too much so be careful if you are palying on an urban field shooting from a second story window or something similar. The expansion chamber will fill up after a few shots & you will get liquid in the valve.
-You might want to thing about installing an on/off valve (something like this: https://www.palmer-pursuit.com/ecom/images/DSC01821.JPG) between the ASA & the line to the expansion chamber (that or buy stock in a bottle-oring company) as you will chew up a lot of bottle o-rings unscrewing the bottle with an expansion chamber probably 1/3 full of liquid on the gun side of the ASA. Be careful how you use it though. Fill the expansion chamber with liquid, close the valve, let the marker warm up & you have a dangerous situation as there's no burst disk to protect you.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Just make sure the neighbors garage door isn't opening and closing everytime you hit that button

Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES.. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS
mrwisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:59 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

I'd suggest that you either check that expansion chamber yourself or have it looked at. All the chambers I've seen so are have the input at the base and the output at the top which forces the liquid and gas to flow up through all the stages. For the one you have to work right there would need to be a hole from that inlet down inside the wall to the base. That seems unlikely to me so I'm wondering if someone in the past drilled and tapped the chamber that way in ignorance nor realizing that it would bypass all or most of the chambers.

The zip tie isn't for the trigger frame. The frame ends before where the zip tie is located. I notice that the chamber is sort of suspended by a screw or screwhead. Perhaps it's holding on the chamber somehow.

And just as a thought that bottle will be right where you want to put your cheek when sighting along the barrel. Not to mention that the line setup looks very awkward for getting your hand into and out from in a hurry. You may want to look into a bottom line setup to cure that unless you're planning on mounting some form of tall bridge style sight rail.
miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs