mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Air Gun Designs (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/)
-   -   I can't get at my air chamber! (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/13044-i-cant-get-my-air-chamber.html)

Steven_Spinosa 03-20-2007 03:20 AM

I can't get at my air chamber!

Hi! I had a valve on which I could unscrew the powertube completely from the valve front, exposing the air chamber.

Why can't the other valves I have unscrew like that?

PS- For the curious, I'm making another attempt at "de-volumizing" for higher pressure. 12 gram fanboy.

Butch 03-20-2007 03:23 AM

Technically, your not supposed to be able to access that, they laser weld it to prevent that. I'm not sure how to undo it, though imo they shouldn't have laser welded that so people could get better effeciency and such...

-Butch

aqua_scummm 03-20-2007 03:44 AM

I noticed that too, I was also going to go for a high pressure mag, as well as boring out a second one for lower pressure. That would be harder though, have to retain strength.

It's a bummer.

Steven_Spinosa 03-20-2007 03:48 AM

Guess I should've kept that first valve then. Nuts.

Robertsr 03-20-2007 08:19 PM

Seems to my memory that the earliest valves unscrewed, and the welding was a later process.

cougar20th 03-20-2007 08:38 PM

ive run into a similar problem. only getting 5-6 good shots off a 12 gram sucks. if you can figure out how to take it apart please let me know.

Steven_Spinosa 03-20-2007 11:37 PM

I suppose I could be messy and stupid here, but on a welded one, I could always remove the power tube tip, spacer, and O-ring. Now that I can sorta see the back wall of the air chamber, I could use a syringe (turkey baster?) full of pre-mixed JB weld and slather it on the walls of the air chamber, rotating the whole time. This would eventually narrow the space, but then I could always goof and fill the inlet by mistake.

Butch 03-20-2007 11:48 PM

Would work, and as long as your careful you should be golden, besides worst case put into strong cleaner... should melt JB weld...

-Butch

Rudisill 03-21-2007 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven_Spinosa (Post 120304)
Hi! I had a valve on which I could unscrew the powertube completely from the valve front, exposing the air chamber.

Why can't the other valves I have unscrew like that?

PS- For the curious, I'm making another attempt at "de-volumizing" for higher pressure. 12 gram fanboy.

Are you sure that wasn't a level 5 valve you had at first? I always heard that as part of the lvl 7 upgrade they welded the powertube shut.

I have a question on the topic as well...

Were emag valves meant to have the tip unscrewed? It stuck me as off that I could unscrew it from the emag valve I had a while back.

Steven_Spinosa 03-21-2007 05:45 PM

I just got another valve in the mail.

It won't unscrew, either :(