mcarterbrown.com

Old 09-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

I don't use anti siphon but I wish I did. When I'm on my belly or doing weird **** I have problems. But in my opinion the PPS Stab is not a good idea. Unless I can figure out a use for mine on another marker, I'm going to sell it. It just causes more problems than it's worth since I saw great consistency with co2+Mag reg.
StealingYerMail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronghorn Runner View Post
And I've been out-of-the-game too long to know if that's a good thing or not...

We'll just stick with the male on the foregrip and be happy. Maybe I'll pick up a sideline someday just to throw on there when I'm in the basement.
My fault. Yes, a brick. Or rather, an ingot. The idea was a compact rig for about 200 rounds for my daughter, but an HPA bottle would be simpler. It's actually pretty nice, but I can't say it is worth the weight.

In Houston, the temperature means good recovery times, but in the end you are at least always restricted by the heat transfer into the bottle. The reg helps string out the warm gas, but like sdlm pointed out, once you get down to 600 psi it all starts to struggle along. Regardless of regulation and since the mag dump chamber is sealed away from the rest of the gas, you will get velocity spikes every time you pause between strings (on a warm day) because it put in ~450 psi of cold CO2 and closed off. Stainless is terrible for heat conduction, but we stay pretty warm here. The level 10 almost makes it worth while though.

If you have the parts handy, its a fun experiment. However, I wouldn't buy my way into it for any other reason.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
My fault. Yes, a brick. Or rather, an ingot. The idea was a compact rig for about 200 rounds for my daughter, but an HPA bottle would be simpler. It's actually pretty nice, but I can't say it is worth the weight.
Thank you... my apologies, I really feel like a dinosaur.

I'll leave the vertical Stab on for now. I don't have an anti-siphon currently and have had great luck with stabs. I run remote on occasion and don't worry about this at all when I go that route (unless I'm hanging from a tree upside down for five minutes).

Lots of great thoughts here... love MCB.
CPPA #1240

MCB Feedback

Pronghorn Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellicose View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else here not use an antisiphon and have zero problems with their mag?
Kind of. I have a vertical bottle rental mag, and a back bottle classic mag, both run no anti-syphon with no problems. All my other mags don't like it when I skip the anti-syphon.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellicose View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else here not use an antisiphon and have zero problems with their mag?
I only tried it as a matter of stretching a small back bottle out. It seems to help, but I have never played that rig to 'exhaustion'. If you take it as a light duty/low ammo setup, the weight is still counter to that idea. For that kind of play, I like my alleycats better.

So now I have a really nice classic mag that may get electro'd in the future.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs