mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-18-2010, 10:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Double (triple) regging it

Maybe my OCD nature drives this idea... but I really want to throw dual stabilizers on my mag (male and sideline). Now, that would result in a triple-regulated system (two aftermarket and the valve itself). I'm a dedicated CO2 player (easier to get in my area).

How much of an overkill would this be?
CPPA #1240

MCB Feedback

Pronghorn Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post all the things!

Send a message via AIM to tencent

CCM Fan
depends on the pressure needed for your valve.. The issue is recharge rates will suffer if the input and output differences are not great enough between the regs. I believe the minimum difference that you want to have is 200psi if someone can confirm this.

Co2 is 1200 psi I believe so if you valve needs to be higher than 600psi then its a waste of money and wont help your gun any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbthebenji View Post
I'll be munching on this box for months!
tencent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

why not go all the way and throw a female stab into there too?
98ssuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

No real point to it, just one Stabilizer and the reg on the valve would do a very good job of keeping the pressure in the valve quite stable. Another Stabilizer wouldn't hurt the consistency but it would definitely lower the recharge rate, and it wouldn't really make a worthwhile increase in consistency. I've never actually had a problem with CO2 on my Mag and I've never used a secondary reg on it with CO2, just the one on the back of the valve. The only time I had an issue with that is when I loaned out the gun to a friend and he managed to tilt the gun around enough to get liquid into the valve, so it froze up for a few minutes.

Classic Mag, Grey Ghost #308, SC Brassterling, Super Stocker, VM-68
05 Cyborg, 06 Cyborg, PM8 LE Canary, Hybrid NXT, E-Tac

(MCB) Feedback
Z3R0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks fellows. Kind of affirms my suspicions about performance. It would look arguably cool... But, not worth the funds at this point.
CPPA #1240

MCB Feedback

Old 09-19-2010, 05:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronghorn Runner View Post
Thanks fellows. Kind of affirms my suspicions about performance. It would look arguably cool... But, not worth the funds at this point.
It also adds weight. With a doc's barrel adapter and a 9 oz bottle, I ended up with a kid size mag that weighed like a DM3 with a composite bottle.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
It also adds weight. With a doc's barrel adapter and a 9 oz bottle, I ended up with a kid size mag that weighed like a DM3 with a composite bottle.
And I've been out-of-the-game too long to know if that's a good thing or not...

We'll just stick with the male on the foregrip and be happy. Maybe I'll pick up a sideline someday just to throw on there when I'm in the basement.
CPPA #1240

MCB Feedback

Old 09-22-2010, 03:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

I have a PPS Stab on my Mag. I think an anti-siphon would be a better investment.
StealingYerMail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

Or even better than AS is to run Vertical Co2 either on gun, or on your back with a Remote which is what I do.

I have shot my mag with several regulators, and I seen no consistancy increase at all using a secondary reg, and I think this is partially due to my use of a remote. It also could be helped by the fact I usually use my 48oz tank, but I rarely have it filled with more than 25oz unless I am playing with my shocker.

I am not sure that the expansion room helps, but certainly I can be in nearly any position without the liquid level in my tank getting to the pin valve (unless I was hanging upside down or something crazy, crawling still keeps the level below the valve). When I used AS and I was crawling or laying my gun on it's side or even pointing it down far enough, the tube would get submerged turning it into a siphon tank, until I changed positions.

I remember the annoyance of getting liquid clouds of co2 from my AS cocker, and then shooting a Minimag with a vertical 9oz and having no issues at all. Ever since I have been a remote (+Gas-thru-stock) player at least when using co2.

Also on a cold day, co2 is easily only 600psi, you cant could on regging from 1200psi unless you only play on hot summer days, or you warm your tank up (They used to sell co2 warmers, however that seems dangerous as heck so I wouldn't recommend it.)
sdlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Is it just me or does anyone else here not use an antisiphon and have zero problems with their mag?
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs