mcarterbrown.com

Old 10-04-2010, 11:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by denisizzle View Post
can it be a problem with a bent on/off pin? (looks straight but I'm not sure. Or should I change all the o rings in the on/off?
It could be. You should also measure its length with a vernier to make sure it is the correct length. Change the on/off top orings for new ones just to rule that out.
My Feedback
first strike pez dispensers in stock - pm me!
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:43 PM   #12 (permalink)

which top orings, the inside smaller one or the bigger one? Is the top the part that sticks out once it's in?
denisizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
which top orings, the inside smaller one or the bigger one? Is the top the part that sticks out once it's in?
When you pay attention, you come to realize that the "s" on the end of things is useful.

It can't be the top if its on the bottom.
My Feedback
first strike pez dispensers in stock - pm me!
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Formerly known as DMex

Your troubleshooting too may problems at once.

Install a stock on/off and tune your lvl 10. Then come back to the ULT and tune it.

Are you using the gray spring? If so, don't. Install a gold or red one and tune from there.

BTW...When people say top on/off orings they mean then orings inside the valve which would be the top of the valve. It confused me at first too..
Old 10-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #15 (permalink)

I wish I had a stock on/off and I do have the level 10 tuned ish. It was bouncing off and it shot great over the chrono but randomly it may start acting up. I'll see if I can figure it out, sometimes it goes full auto, sometimes it won't bounce off and sometimes it's great.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:23 PM   #16 (permalink)

ok everything is working used it today all day. But the bolt moves really fast (fast enough to chop) and doesn't always reset properly. Just add a shim and I should be good?
Old 10-11-2010, 12:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
Formerly known as DMex

Yes. If it's not resetting right after it's been tripped. Adding shims will fix that.

If your bolt is being tough on the paint then you probably have a bad spring. I though I broke my finger on someones mag I was tweaking once. His spring was toast, I put my finger into the breach to ck it. It's like trying to petting a strange dog, those bastards can bit.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:06 PM   #18 (permalink)

The spring sticks out a bit further than the bolt but not by much. I have a longer spring but I hear you can't get the velocity up as high with a stiffer spring and I need ~300 fps.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
AKA...The Gobbler!

CCM Fan
Quote:
The spring sticks out a bit further than the bolt but not by much. I have a longer spring but I hear you can't get the velocity up as high with a stiffer spring and I need ~300 fps.
Using the Gold Spring you should have about a 1/4" sticking out past the bolt. The Red being the middle spring will be about 3/8". If you know what you're doing, the longest spring can be cut down to custom tune the marker to your likings.

I had a bad Gold spring that was only about 1/8" past the bolt recently and it would sporatically cause the bolt not to reset after firing. It wasn't the level X, but the spring. This only happened after fully cycling the marker, which made it fairly obvious to me that the spring had lost the ability to reset the bolt. Now if the level X is not resetting the bolt when an obstruction is present in the breach then you need to look at your shims in the the level X.
Tbuck is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs