mcarterbrown.com  

Old 12-12-2010, 02:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
My "best" setup is 1200psi out of an Air America Armageddon. I use a ULT that is shimmed until it just barely won't go "full auto". Check to make sure the on/off pin is well lubricated, as is the rest of the valve.

The geometery of the trigger and the weight of things (trigger, sear, etc) make a HUGE difference. The carbon fiber triggers with CF rods and titanium sears made a GIGANTIC difference in the maximum RT rate. I guess I really should get some video and post it, but not until next year, at he earliest.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak compatible and Equation inserts in .665, .670, .675, .678, .680 and .685

Current Freak compatible inserts in stock:
.665 = 0, .670 = 16, .675 = 3, .678 = 4, .680 = 4, .682 = 4, .685 = 11

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO
tymcneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
BEO-Mafia

Send a message via AIM to BigEvil

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by xero28 View Post
Some people claim they can RT quickly at ~800 psi. My brother had his reg up to 1100 psi last week and couldn't get it to RT well.
The on/off pin length is just as much a factor as is input pressure. For the most part, a .760 or .750 pin wont RT much at all at even 1200 psi. On most RT set ups, I find a pin between .735 -.740 will give you what you want, even at 800 psi.

The Crossfire regs are great for this. They are the only scew ins I use on my mags.

BigEvil's MCB Feedback
Non-Butthurt AGD enthusiast since 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar20th
I think I want to get banned from mcb.. It will be cheaper
BigEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
The Crossfire regs are great for this. They are the only scew ins I use on my mags.
Yes. Bottle regulator speed is very important. My 3k flatline at 1100 psi wouldn't RT, but a max-flo at 900 psi rips. My old crossfire will RT on my ULT valve just a hair.

If your bottle is slow, lets the pressure down, and doesn't recover quickly, you've missed the big differential pressure spike between the bottle and the empty valve chamber. Then, everything just oozes back up to pressure. No joy at all.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
BEO-Mafia

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
Yes. Bottle regulator speed is very important. My 3k flatline at 1100 psi wouldn't RT, but a max-flo at 900 psi rips. My old crossfire will RT on my ULT valve just a hair.

If your bottle is slow, lets the pressure down, and doesn't recover quickly, you've missed the big differential pressure spike between the bottle and the empty valve chamber. Then, everything just oozes back up to pressure. No joy at all.
Have you tried the new Crossfires yet? Im very tempted to buy one.

BigEvil's MCB Feedback

Quote:
Old 12-21-2010, 02:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Have you tried the new Crossfires yet? Im very tempted to buy one.
No, I'm in the same boat. Three old bottles coming back up on hydro. One is a 3k fiber/ninja reg, and another is an old crossfire. They have both been perfect, but could use an update. Starting to watch the end-of-life on the bottles too.

That 3k bottle is relatively heavy though and not my favorite, which is another reason I look at upgrading the ninja reg to 4.5k

I wish there was some data comparing the old and new crossfires. I would hate to "upgrade" to something less. I borrowed a noted "slow recharge" bottle once; my mag did not like it.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
Shameless CCM convert

I have a Ninja reg set at 900 PSI from factory. How is the "speed" on those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Frag View Post
This is a common misconception. The marker in question is actually from a limited run that WGP produced to try using the little finger as the firing finger to promote digital ambidexterity. Unfortunately, the gravity inverter needed to feed paintballs was sold separately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokers
I play pump because I'm a masochistic bastard who gets his jollies from being outgunned but not outplayed.
ASKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASKA View Post
I have a Ninja reg set at 900 PSI from factory. How is the "speed" on those?
I've read of successes with it and no failures. They advertise an "industry leading recharge". If they are even close to a Crossfire and running 900, that should be a good setup.

That's what keeps me out of the new Crossfires. I don't really know the recharge and if they can easily be adjusted. I've had my ninja apart a few times, but I use it on more efficient, non-mags because it is a 3k.

I'll have to jack it up try it on my ULT. Maybe then I can go buy a new tank!
Old 12-22-2010, 06:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
Shameless CCM convert

When I was testing out my mag and it would still get the powertube leak(I've got seals+carriers on the way), I would try to disregard the leak and try to RT in but it still wouldn't. And that's the 900 PSI ninja. I know my whole story could be completely irrelevant because of the leak, but it's just a thought.

Quote:
This is a common misconception. The marker in question is actually from a limited run that WGP produced to try using the little finger as the firing finger to promote digital ambidexterity. Unfortunately, the gravity inverter needed to feed paintballs was sold separately.
Quote:
I play pump because I'm a masochistic bastard who gets his jollies from being outgunned but not outplayed.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
BEO-Mafia

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASKA View Post
When I was testing out my mag and it would still get the powertube leak(I've got seals+carriers on the way), I would try to disregard the leak and try to RT in but it still wouldn't. And that's the 900 PSI ninja. I know my whole story could be completely irrelevant because of the leak, but it's just a thought.
Set up? Do you know the on/off pin length?

BigEvil's MCB Feedback

Quote:
Old 12-22-2010, 10:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Shameless CCM convert

Quote:
Set up? Do you know the on/off pin length?
RT pro Xvalve. Level 10. No ULT. I really wish I could know. once I get the powertube stuff cleared out, I can definitively have a conjecture over its RT'ing abilities. If I still can't get it to RT(I'm not going over 900 PSI as I need that tank to go on an SS-25 as well), I'll try to pick up a .738 pin. Should that be good? maybe lower?

Quote:
Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs