mcarterbrown.com

Old 12-10-2010, 11:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Shameless CCM convert

Input PSI to RT reactivity?

Is there some type of formula to find out approximately what your RT'ing speed will be at certain pressures? I'm running an RT pro with level 10 and don't want the RT'ing to be over 13-ish BPS. What PSI should I put the tank reg at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Frag View Post
This is a common misconception. The marker in question is actually from a limited run that WGP produced to try using the little finger as the firing finger to promote digital ambidexterity. Unfortunately, the gravity inverter needed to feed paintballs was sold separately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokers
I play pump because I'm a masochistic bastard who gets his jollies from being outgunned but not outplayed.
ASKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I'd say between 800 and 900 psi would suffice. Thats what I ran mine at and it shot right around that speed
Old 12-11-2010, 03:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Formerly known as DMex

Find yourself an adj tank and you can manipulat it by the amount of pressure you feed it.

There's no set guidelines, each valve reacts differently depending on a few factors

- On/Off pin
- Lvl 10 or 7
- Depending which bolt spring you use
- Even a body can manipulate it

Last edited by Ando; 12-11-2010 at 03:18 AM.
Ando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Some people claim they can RT quickly at ~800 psi. My brother had his reg up to 1100 psi last week and couldn't get it to RT well. There is no hard and fast rule about RT'ing. Like it's been said, each valve is different and will RT at different pressures depending on various factors. One of the biggest is how broken in the reg is. The more broken in it is, the lower pressure tends to be needed to cause a good RT. If you want just a good, snappy trigger with maybe a little bit of RT effect, I'd start with your reg around 850 psi and adjust from there to where you want it.
xero28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Shameless CCM convert

My reg is right now only outputting 750, and it's not RT'ing at all. yeah, I'm going to shim the reg today.I'll Maybe drop in one or two 1/16 inch thickness washers. Could that do it? Don't want it over ~900 PSI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Frag View Post
This is a common misconception. The marker in question is actually from a limited run that WGP produced to try using the little finger as the firing finger to promote digital ambidexterity. Unfortunately, the gravity inverter needed to feed paintballs was sold separately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokers
I play pump because I'm a masochistic bastard who gets his jollies from being outgunned but not outplayed.
ASKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
BRaSzEaGuL4LYFe

Mine RT's great at 800psi(ReTro lvl10). I think the on/off has a lot to do with what psi it rt's at. When I first got my mag it would barely RT and the trigger would stick and take a second to reset if fired too fast. I switched the o-ring in the on/off to a looser fitting one and it RT's like crazy and never skips a beat.
coldy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Here is what I have to RT my mag with amazing anti-chop capabilities...

1. X-Valve
2. Tuned Level 10 with the long spring being cut down so the gun starts cycling around 250 fps.. ( it would start to cycle at about 280-290 before I cut it) This gives you faster bolt speed like the small spring only with amazing chop protection.
3. ULT Trigger (4 shims installed) You want to tune your Level 10 first and get the correct spring length before messing with the ULT.
4. Either get an adjustable Reg for your tank OR send your tank to Ninja Paintball and have them install a set 1100-1200 psi regulator on your tank for about $50
5. Gas it up and unload a hopper in about 6-7 seconds just for fun
gmiller0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

I personally feel like the RT effect has a lot to do with flow as well as input pressure. I mounted a Raptor Rex on mine which is preset from the factory at 750. I get very nice RT from it which I would guess is something like 10-12 bps.
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Legendary

RT can also be manipulated by how far down you hold the trigger. See classic video
http://zakvetter.com/paintball_video...variations.mov

The RT is a fickle, but interesting, beast.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

my RT X seems to RT not too bad with my PE tank. Less than 10bps I'm sure, but hey, thats not too bad. And with the UMF it really is a nice snappy trigger. I'm kind of worried how it will be the day I get a high set Ninja reg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
We can always hack and mold it the way we want it. This is MCB after all....
gunman_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs