mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-12-2007, 04:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Y'know.. you *could* always just work out a budget with the wife....

it's what i have going with my GF (no, we don't live together, but we tend to take trips together)

basically, what i have going, is there's a certain amount that we both contribute to a joint account for vacationing/spending; this is a monthly contribution. when we go someplace, there's a certain amount of spending money alotted, broken down into thirds, one third is mine, one third is hers, and one third is for gifts or if we find something really unique.

same could be done for you and your wife... work out a certain ammount a month each of you get for hobbies and the like and an 'overdraft' that you have to have the other's permission to spend.

hmm... you whores actually have me considering how to get my hands on a set of emag lowers... damn you.

Walking_Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:34 PM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Walrus

You just found the catch...she doesn't have a hobby. Luckily she will have our first child to play with come end of July, but until then she doesn't do much else. She was interested in sewing, so I bought her a sewing machine a few years ago. Well, lets just say I have used my paintball equipment more than she has sewn and that is not much! I think her hobby is fixing up the house and making it nice. However she always attacks paintball by saying that she puts money into our home rather than into "toys!" I do find it hard to remind her where the money is coming from to pay for all of it. We both work, we both own our fairly new cars. Our only debt is our home and regular living expenses. So...I could afford it, but when trying to save money for the future it doesn't work out very well.

By the way...wait for the lowers. I may have some coming soon and they are nice and ready to go!

My Gallery

History: Line SI Bushmaster; PMI-3; VMX; '97 Autococker; KP-3; Enforcer 2(possible SWARM); Spyder Sonix; Monteneel Z-1; PGP 2K; BBT Typhoon; 2k1 SP Impulse; SP MiniMag; another PMI-3; VM-Magnum; Blazer #153; Pump MiniMag; Thrasher ULE Emag; Cool Camo Micromag; '94-'95(?) Evolution Minicocker; '95 Evolution Autococker; Blazer #710; CNC X-Mag; Gold Rush Micromag; Jungle Sunset Micromag; Wild Tiger Micromag
Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsr View Post
Personally, I'd kill quite a few kittens to get my hands on...

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

To be the devil's advocate here....

If she doesn't have a hobby, it's not your fault...

moreover, if she's the one makeing the decisions on what to do with the house, then it's not like she can complain too much about what you choose to do too...

i consider myself lucky that when i mentioned to my GF that i was selling some of my gear to cover bills, she was all disappointed and offered to lend me cash... man i need to get that job soon

anywho though

why not purpose to your wife a budget for your paintball habbit... i mean hobby. offer her the same ammount to do with what she wishes, if she chooses to do things around the house, she can hardly guilt-trip you for that.

that's just my 2 12g's though

Walking_Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
BEO MAFIA

Send a message via AIM to rudz

i had the karta emag, i had the karta devilmag, they both left, with me still are my sfl emag and my xmag, that says something, istill have my pump mag with me, but all 3 will never leave me, the others were pretty and fast, but idk, the xmag just stuck to me, i love the breech, i love the cnc, shes my baby

BEO MAFIA
rudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:46 AM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Walrus

Thanks Rudz. That is the way I was feeling about it. I could sell off everything I have to just keep my Emag, but there was just something about an Xmag that calls to you and draws you in. After days of deliberation and discussions with my wife (she keeps me grounded in the logical arena and I do the same for her when it comes to her decisions) I think I am going to go for it

My Gallery

History: Line SI Bushmaster; PMI-3; VMX; '97 Autococker; KP-3; Enforcer 2(possible SWARM); Spyder Sonix; Monteneel Z-1; PGP 2K; BBT Typhoon; 2k1 SP Impulse; SP MiniMag; another PMI-3; VM-Magnum; Blazer #153; Pump MiniMag; Thrasher ULE Emag; Cool Camo Micromag; '94-'95(?) Evolution Minicocker; '95 Evolution Autococker; Blazer #710; CNC X-Mag; Gold Rush Micromag; Jungle Sunset Micromag; Wild Tiger Micromag
Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs