mcarterbrown.com

Old 12-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Closed bolt FTW

CCM Fan
How fast is a minimag valve?

Hey guys just bought my very first mag (ULE Reverse Valve Minimag with extras) and seeing as AO for some reason hasnt approved my membership i am going to ask a couple mag newb questions over here.

I plan on putting an ETEK frame i have sitting here on it (ramping capped at 15bps) i just want to make sure that the minimag valve it comes with will handle that speed without shoot down or any issues. While i am at it what orings are wear items that i need to look out for? And lastly what kind of difference would i be looking switching to an "X" valve?
Old 12-26-2010, 09:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
BEO-Mafia

CCM Fan
I *think* that AM/MM valves are good for about 13bps w/o shootdown but a few have claimed to have higher rates.
As for o-rings, I rarely have had to replace o-rings (well, aside from some used valves that were not properly lubed)
Oil is your Mag's best friend. Other than that, a simple Automag parts kit should be fine.

The X valve will definitely give you higher rates... somewhere around 26bps before shootdown. Not to mention noticeably lighter with a much lighter, crisper trigger pull (if you keep it mech)

edit: just noticed the mag you bought includes a bunch of spare parts. You should be fine for o-rings. The main bolt spring will eventually wear down too (less tension) but there's a couple included there too.
Twilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egIj09o80aI

I don't know how fast I was shooting, maybe about 9-10 bps. The AM/MM valves keep up just fine and shouldn't have any problems at 13-15 bps. Honestly, if you're outshooting it, you're shooting too much.
xero28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

My ep classic valve handles 14 without a problem (chronied). I can't shoot it any faster (no ramping or bounce). On AO "the electrician" has some good (old) posts on driving it with a hyper frame at 18 bps.

The recharge time on the classic valve is generally about 60 msec (+/-), which is 16.67 bps if you trip it just right. I have a sear stop, and I made sure my reg port stays lined up with the valve body.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
dragshank

As long as it's not one of the older valves, you should not have any worries. Stay away from anything below Level 7
Old 12-31-2010, 11:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Closed bolt FTW

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandoman View Post
As long as it's not one of the older valves, you should not have any worries. Stay away from anything below Level 7
no worries there gun has a level 10

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs