mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-12-2011, 04:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Warp feed advice

Can you guys talk a bit about the pros and cons of the Warp feed system? I'm a woodsballer, don't absolutely need insane ROF, but think a Warp feed might help with a few issues. First, I now have this old-school, non-powerfeed Mag and it blows back through the feed neck like a mother. A force feed solution might help with that, especially in the ball-chopping department (though, now that I think about it, I suppose the Level 10 would keep that from being a big issue, huh?). I sort of like the idea of not having the hopper lurking up there, since I tend to like using the tops of bunkers as much as the sides.

Is this a really silly idea?

Randy...
randyshipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyshipp View Post
Can you guys talk a bit about the pros and cons of the Warp feed system? I'm a woodsballer, don't absolutely need insane ROF, but think a Warp feed might help with a few issues. First, I now have this old-school, non-powerfeed Mag and it blows back through the feed neck like a mother. A force feed solution might help with that, especially in the ball-chopping department (though, now that I think about it, I suppose the Level 10 would keep that from being a big issue, huh?). I sort of like the idea of not having the hopper lurking up there, since I tend to like using the tops of bunkers as much as the sides.

Is this a really silly idea?

Randy...
Pros:
* Gets the hopper off the top of the marker
* Lowers profile due to ^^
* gives a clear 'line of sight' over the barrel
* You no longer have to switch hands to shoot out the other side of a bunker. You simply lean out that way

Cons:
* Adds weight to one side of the marker making it feel unbalanced
* runs on batteries
* takes some getting used to [more than a game or 3]
* feels like it's in the way [even though it isn't]

You can use a gravity hopper with it but that's not recommended. Use some kind of agitating hopper, the 9V Revvi being the "slowest" to use.

As you can see...I like mine a lot

on the A5

on the SP1

Old 01-12-2011, 06:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
ScatterBrained

When I was playing rec-semi...I loved my Warp Feed. Will admit that it can be annoying with incredibly small bore or oily paints. For small bore...I think there were spacers inside...? For the oily stuff...just had to lay it out on a towell as per norm and roll it dry.
I ran mine with a EggyIII. Worked out well as the Egg feeds a decent rate and certainly kept up with the Warp.
Only issues I can think of...really sucks when you get a hose break. I would suggest the 12v mod...and coating the brittle shells in a tape or something as they are brittle and brittle means cracking.

PTP has a few little 'Upgrades' for the Warp. What look to be aluminum adapters and the 12v mod. Of course...you could well build 12v harness with Radio Shack parts. Here's a thread with a little of everything on the Warp.

All in all...if you have average-strong arms...the Warp is a great way to carry your paint somewhat out of the way and be able to snap out without worrying about your hopper leading the way.

-curtis
MCB Feedback

Last edited by hellbatman; 01-12-2011 at 06:42 AM.
hellbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Is it totally impractical to mount the thing on the left of the gun (I shoot right-handed) and then route the hose to the other side (it's a right-hand, non-powerfeed gun)?

Randy...
randyshipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Henchemen Inc!

Send a message via AIM to vf-xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyshipp View Post
Is it totally impractical to mount the thing on the left of the gun (I shoot right-handed) and then route the hose to the other side (it's a right-hand, non-powerfeed gun)?

Randy...
No, it's been done. But that said, if you're going to buy a warp, finding a PF body isn't too hard.

Also, if batteries are an issue, I've found an RC battery that puts out 11.2v that is both smaller and lighter than a 9v, and is rechargeable. This battery easily lasts all day. I think I've shot two cases through one battery on one charge.

Downsides are that you have to get a charger as well, and you'll have to modify your battery connection.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

I remember using that. Talk about going through a bunch of 9v. I wonder if I can hook it up to my phantom =p
mouscacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Henchemen Inc!

Send a message via AIM to vf-xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouscacha View Post
I remember using that. Talk about going through a bunch of 9v. I wonder if I can hook it up to my phantom =p
Make sure you feed through a stock class tube.....
Old 01-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
BEO MAFIA

Send a message via AIM to rudz

druids gots a pink phone...

BEO MAFIA
rudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vf-xx View Post
Make sure you feed through a stock class tube.....
turns out that is more complicated than you would think:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...od-idea-2.html
nelsonizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

I've had a warp feed for almost 10 years and can count the number of times i've used it on one hand. They are cool but think long and hard before spending much money on one they aren't for every one.
wins mag is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs