mcarterbrown.com

Old 02-03-2011, 04:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Miembro de MCB

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
ACE Board

The stock AGD ACE board was typically just soldered onto various through hole leads on the PCB.

Anyone have a wiring diagram of which leads from the ACE board went where?
alkafluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Formerly known as DMex

Hmm...p8ntbal4me will have that info. Post that up on AO or BEO, don't think he frequents that AGD forums here on MCB too much.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I can reverse engineer the board to make complete wire diagrams for future use. I need an ace board donated.
p8ntbal4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
I want more guns!

Brass N Wood Fan
i would very much like a circuit diagram as well if thats possible
thanks
M600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I still need an ACE board. If I had the ACE it would be a simple thing to provide.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Formerly known as DMex

Found this a while ago.

Ace Board

Old 02-16-2011, 07:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I need a more clear, and larger copy of that.

The second half of the circuit looks like it should electronically on the ACE.

The first part however does not. The switch on the ACE is supposed to supply the power to the main board then route back to the ACE with a +5v source.

Looking at that schematic,.. the +16v source is running to the switch AND acts as the gate for the power source to the main board,...

Then there is that jumper on the far left hand side.....
Old 02-17-2011, 12:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Miembro de MCB

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
That's not a jumper on the far left. Typically "TP" signals test point on an Orcad type schematic like that.Those testpoints do actually exist on the ACE board. One of them (the gun one) is a testpoint for the voltage going to the gun when the switch is turned on. The other seems by visual inspection to be connected to one of the sides of the switch. It should register nothing as it is an "open" when the switch is turned off.

Also the symbol between points 3 and 4 on the schematic indicates an diode, more specifically a LED. That's the source LED and other one diode between 1 and 2 is the photodiode to detect the reflection.

What's messed up about that schematic is the symbol that was picked for the switch. I don't think it accurately represents the actual part on the board. I may have to ohm out the one I have when I get the chance.

Overall, it is a fairly simple board which looks to be only 2 layers, both of which are used for signals. The power is just given really fat traces.

That schematic is accurate except for possible the symbol chosen for the switch. Also, there really aren't 2 separate diodes on there. There both housed in the big black bulbous thing which points upwards into the breech.

Last edited by alkafluence; 02-17-2011 at 12:22 AM.
alkafluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
Formerly known as DMex

That's as good as it get bro.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkafluence View Post
That's not a jumper on the far left. Typically "TP" signals test point on an Orcad type schematic like that.Those testpoints do actually exist on the ACE board. One of them (the gun one) is a testpoint for the voltage going to the gun when the switch is turned on. The other seems by visual inspection to be connected to one of the sides of the switch. It should register nothing as it is an "open" when the switch is turned off.

Also the symbol between points 3 and 4 on the schematic indicates an diode, more specifically a LED. That's the source LED and other one diode between 1 and 2 is the photodiode to detect the reflection.

What's messed up about that schematic is the symbol that was picked for the switch. I don't think it accurately represents the actual part on the board. I may have to ohm out the one I have when I get the chance.

Overall, it is a fairly simple board which looks to be only 2 layers, both of which are used for signals. The power is just given really fat traces.

That schematic is accurate except for possible the symbol chosen for the switch. Also, there really aren't 2 separate diodes on there. There both housed in the big black bulbous thing which points upwards into the breech.
Thats what Im saying. The diagram isnt accurate hence I would not use it unless I had an ACE board to reverse. That one you see was done with ExpressPCB Schematic Editor.

The switch is the wrong item notation, the jumper is marked but doesnt exist on the board,...

Orcad is a much better application for making board schematics with. Thats what I have been learning to use.

If someone gets me an ACE board,.. we can close this thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs