mcarterbrown.com

Old 02-16-2011, 12:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Air America Raptor Air system question..

Hey,

Not getting any luck in the 'ask the experts' section so i assumed i might have better luck here since these systems were run on the mags for along time. Picked up a new AA Raptor and cradle for a gun i have off ebay for cheep. My question is..... is there anything i could get that would allow me to put a gauge on it to know the pressure coming out? Its going on a cocker but i dont wanna tap the vert asa on it for a gauge plus it wouldn't help because the raptor will be going to a unireg. Also, anything that would allow me to run a gauge and turn the airflow off and on?

Thanks
-Mike
CustomCockers
Pbnation
Ebay
howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

A search would have helped you: AA regulator & parts compatibility

We talked about these the other week.

You can get an inline on/off.. most are female 1/8 threaded so you either need a male/male threaded nipple or a short piece of hose and then the on/off then another piece of hose.

Here's the manual.. no room for another gauge.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/manuals/...ica/Raptor.pdf

Also... why do you want to run a second reg on gun? You can do all your adjustment with the Raptor.. all the way down to 0psi. With that many regs and HPA you are just creating choke points for flow.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

yeah, sorry for not searching. Was in a hurry for sleep lol. This setup will actually be on a cocker and it has a Unireg on it with a splash uni shroud. I will mostlikely be running it with just the raptor when it comes down to it.

I know about the palmers on/off which is nice and i might get one for it and figure out the plumbing which is no problem. I guess im wondering if they make a Tconnector that would have one side of the T male and the other two sides female. That would be the only way i could see running a gauge. Ill have to check out clippards site and see what i can find.

Thanks you for the quick response!
-Mike
CustomCockers
Pbnation
Ebay
Old 02-16-2011, 01:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

There is this.. but I think the gauge wouldn't fit as it would be too close to the reg body:

1/8 NPT Female x Male x Female Tee [FITT009] - $4.50 : Palmers Pursuit Shop, Where Custom Still Means Something

But this might:
1/8 NPT Male x Female x Female Tee [FITT008] - $4.10 : Palmers Pursuit Shop, Where Custom Still Means Something

for where the unireg sits, you could get this and have it tapped on the side for a gauge port (if they don'e already sell one)

ASA to 1/8 Hose Adaptor, Extended HEX [CAHWPP12] - $15.00 : Palmers Pursuit Shop, Where Custom Still Means Something

Off to a meeting or i'd search more for you.

E
Old 02-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

I appreciate all your help! Imma pay a visit to a pneumatics store that is in my area and see what options they have.

Thanks again!
-Mike
CustomCockers
Pbnation
Ebay
Old 02-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Yup, that second one will do the trick! I suck at searching or im blind, was on their site last night looking for that and had no luck.
CustomCockers
Pbnation
Ebay

Last edited by howdy; 02-16-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
The problem with the middle one with the male end is it sits very close to the reg. You might not be able to get the on/off to stick straight, it may be angled. I used a all female T and put male to male fittings on it. I don't remember where I got the on/off, I've had it for a while but I know it was only about $5 It has 1 male and 1 female end. Look around before you buy the one from Palmer, there are cheaper alternatives out there.

WTB: Red IZE Bottoms
MCB Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimcpt View Post
If it needed a different bolt, CCM would have made a different bolt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
Word.
BLachance75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

I actually have a few male to male connectors. While I'm downtown tomorrow I will check with me local pneumatics store and see what they have. Not to worried about an on/off but it would be nice to have one. Thanks for the pics, that's exactly what I'm looking to do. Sinse I might just run it single regged I need to know output pressure
CustomCockers
Pbnation
Ebay
Old 02-17-2011, 08:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Lancecst... nice setup! Thanks for helping Howdy out.. I knew there was a way, but didn't have time to explain it.... and Pics are a heck of a lot better!

E
Old 02-17-2011, 12:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
No problem, that is why we are all here.

WTB: Red IZE Bottoms
MCB Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimcpt View Post
If it needed a different bolt, CCM would have made a different bolt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
Word.
BLachance75 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs