mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-19-2011, 01:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass N Wood Fan
tac-1 and pump kit question

I recently picked up one of the cerberus tactical pump kits for my tac 1 and Ive got a classic rail in the way. however, I managed to attach the pump kit to my rail as is, and I noticed that the "Wings" on top of the pump handle hit the front of the tac body when I pump it. the only pic that I have been able to find of a set up like I am trying is below, but this guy has a mini'd tac body.

just wondering if anyone else has had this experience and what my options are, Im thinking I either have to mini the body or get the wings cut down?

Photo blog: http://bluemorocco.blogspot.com/
If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Created by Shade, stolen from foughtwolf's sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatmaster12 View Post
If I didn't play pump I wouldn't play, simple as that.
wrongbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Formerly known as DMex

If you want to keep it all original. Just find yourself (you'll have to make it) a longer pump rod. The pump stroke will be shorter but will still function. The kits were ment for AM/MM setups. Mixing in any RT length part is going to need some moding.

If you have a hobby shop in your area. They sell steel and brass 3/16 (think that's the size) rods. They're smaller in diameter then the original but work the same. I changed all my rods out to brass. It saves the bolt from getting tore up.

Last edited by Ando; 02-19-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Ando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
If you want to keep it all original. Just find yourself (you'll have to make it) a longer pump rod. The pump stroke will be shorter but will still function. The kits were ment for AM/MM setups. Mixing in any RT length part is going to need some moding.

If you have a hobby shop in your area. They sell steel and brass 3/16 rods. They're smaller in diameter then the original but work the same. I changed all my rods out to brass. It saves the bolt from getting tore up.
thanks for the reply, Quick question though, how does one go about making their own pump rod? I've seen several different types out there, not to mention I don't know the correct dimensions and/or angles.

edit: do you have an example of a rail you would recommend instead of a classic?

Photo blog: http://bluemorocco.blogspot.com/
If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Created by Shade, stolen from foughtwolf's sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatmaster12 View Post
If I didn't play pump I wouldn't play, simple as that.
wrongbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Formerly known as DMex

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongbloke View Post
thanks for the reply, Quick question though, how does one go about making their own pump rod? I've seen several different types out there, not to mention I don't know the correct dimensions and/or angles.
Just copy the rod you have now. It has all the angles you need but the length. That's something you need to figure and work out. I never did the research for a RT rail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongbloke View Post
edit: do you have an example of a rail you would recommend instead of a classic?
If you want to keep with the RT size. Any RT rail will work as long as it's not ULE milled. One thing you'll need is a insert to convert the mounting part of the pump kit from a AM/MM to a RT style. I'm sure someone here or AO can help you with the insert.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
mag shooter

i had the same problem with my ule body and ended up selling the body and kit. i wasnt a fan of the rubbing

feedback(http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs