mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-08-2007, 11:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Looking for a bit of advice.

I'm going to be getting a automag rt pretty soon and I was looking into adjustable regulators for a 92ci 4500psi tank. I'm looking for some recommendation. I'd like to be able to adjust the output with out too much work and I'd like to be able to run the tank remote. So do any of you have any advice?
Foxworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Location: Finally back from Iraq and freezing my butt off in Wisconsin

1 - ditch the remote. Personally I have never particularly liked a remote. I grew up with back bottle markers and pumps, so having a tank on my shoulder never really bothered me. When I tried the remote line, I was finding it hard to maneuver the marker around obstacles especially in woods ball.

2 - in terms of an adjustable - the AGD flatline is great for the RT, if you can find them. Otherwise the Maxflo by smart parts is ok. Those are the only two that I have had personal experience with.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Air America Armageddon ALL THE WAY! Too bad they don't make them anymore...

** Spin Doctor's Paintball Page
** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm going to be getting a Flatline for mine. I also have a Dynaflow which works well.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

AGD Flatline or Air America.

Avery
amcfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lions, Tigers, and Bears...

Thumbs up Centerflag regs

Personally out of all the Evils, Maxflo's, Flatlines, Armageddens, Nitro Ducks, and on and on, I have liked the Centerflag adjustable regs the best.
Reason 1) They will adjust over 1000 psi output, I noticed a difference on walkability on a Xvalved/ULT mech mag, and quite a lot on a Xmodded Emag.
Reason 2) The push botton air bleed is the best, completely bleeds all the air unlike Evils offering.

Its a real aggrivation saver to be able to bleed the air without fighting with an allen wrench and a macroline fitting (see Flatline regs).
going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

I was looking at the centerflag regs like the dynaflow and the 301 but I wasn't sure how easy it would be to connect them to a remote and I really hate to put tanks on the marker. Plus they don't sell the regulator sunless they install them and their website is rather incomplete which is a bit troublesome.
Foxworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Steve

Fan of EMR
I've been using Crossfire & Centerflag regs for the past few years, and have actually sold my adjustable Centerflag. With my 850 psi preset Crossfires I still have a plenty walkable ULT'd Mag. You may want to try a good preset tank first and see if it will suit you, adjustables are a good bit more expensive
Old 05-09-2007, 02:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

I run my DynaFlow on a remote. Works well. As for Centerflag installing it I, I bought a rebuilt DynaFlow from them and I think the whole thing was $86 installed and shipped home. If you have questions just Call Centerflag. That's how I set everything up.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lions, Tigers, and Bears...

Centerflag regs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxworthy View Post
I was looking at the centerflag regs like the dynaflow and the 301 but I wasn't sure how easy it would be to connect them to a remote and I really hate to put tanks on the marker. Plus they don't sell the regulator sunless they install them and their website is rather incomplete which is a bit troublesome.
They will you sell just a reg. I've bought a couple of them from them.
They prefer that you to sign a release though.
Got access to a fax ? That works for them.

All you need to do is get a quick release and a matching nipple for the tank, and install it on the end of your remote line.
going_home is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs