mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-29-2011, 01:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
haveblue isn't wanting to load for me right now. Though, I figure I should have mentioned this earlier, I am still running the green stock bumper. I have seen people talking about putting the bumper IN the wavespring? I don't really see how that would work, but maybe you have some insight. If I try just the wavespring the pump arm does not reach the bolt.
I don't know the mechanics behind it, but the bumper is supposed to be in the wave spring. You either buy the correct size, or cut your current one down
I don't own the pump mag anymore, but here's what google came up with.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
My bumper is cut down even more than that... the outside diameter of the bumper is the same as the inside diameter of the wavespring. Granted im new to pumpmags, i didnt build mine i traded for it... but i ran mine for several hours this weekend and it shot great the whole time! Smooth pump stroke, no re-cocking issues.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
Formerly known as DMex

Alright...First of all. What governs how hard your pump stroke, is your bolt spring. If it's too strong it will automatically cock the marker. If too weak, you'll have the issue your having now.

First thing first...Make sure you have everything installed correctly. Besides the pump arm and rod, the wave spring plays a major role in the marker. The bumper (which ever color you may have) should be cut down so it fits inside the wave spring. The bumper acts like a spacer to keep the wave spring centered.

As for tuning the bolt spring. You want the spring just weak enough that it won't cock the bolt on it's own. Worn out springs work best with pump conversions which require no cutting. If that's not an option, you want to cut the spring a little at a time (1/4 of a coil) till it stops resetting the bolt on it's own. After you complete that, all it should take is the lightest touch of the bolt to recock the marker.

One thing though, when converting to pump, you'll usually get a barrel leak due to the bolt sitting further out from the oring which seals the dump chamber. To fix this, you need to go to a smaller PT spacer (.220 is usually the money spacer).

I have no clue what senghing27 is talking about with swapping the oring and spacer. Maybe he can enlighten us.

BTW...What kit do you have? Rainman, AGD, XM-15, Cerberus?

If it's a Cerberus, that might be the issue all together It takes some time to get those kits working. Nothing wrong with them, it's just time consuming to get them right the fist time.

Last edited by Ando; 06-30-2011 at 01:26 AM.
Ando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:20 AM   #14 (permalink)

It's an xm15 kit. I'll try the oring cutting next. I might need a new bolt spring altogether, because it shoots fine in semi, but doesn't recock the gun as a pump.
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
Formerly known as DMex

Is your pump stroke smooth all the way through? I've never dealt with the XM kits but I have the rest. I seriously doubt it's the spring. If it's working stock then there's something else up with it.

You might just need to bend the pump rod up or down. It's hard to see with everything together so it's a trial and error kind of thing. You might be catching the bolt spring or the very end of the bolt itself and not the front of the base where it should be hitting.

Nail polish...apply a tiny bit on the tip of the cocking rod, put everything back on and just push the handle back till it hits the bolt. Then pull it apart and see where it marked the bolt at. It should hit the bottom lip of the bolt where the spring sits.

EDIT: How thick is the wave spring? Someone not too long ago had a extra coil on his which was giving him issues.

Last edited by Ando; 06-29-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Ando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:04 AM   #16 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Woot Ando is here!!!

The reason for this flip is for leaks supposedly. I've never had leaks, but who knows.
Pump mag leak

My buddy has the XM15 kit. Are you using the supplied return spring? Try to use it without the return spring before you go all snippy.

If he purchased the XM15 kit and the wavesprings are from XM5, they should be fine. I used several of those with no problems.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:25 AM   #17 (permalink)

I'm on my phone away from the gun now, but the stroke is smooth. It feels fine without the internals in, and feels fine until I get to the actual bolt with the internals in. When I put the bumper in the wavespring that helped a fair amount, but it still requires a large amount of effort to pump. I'll try the nail polish when I get back home.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
Custom User

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27 View Post
Classic valve, stock mainspring, wavespring, flipped oring/carrier within powertube, bolt is clean, rod isn't binding/getting caught?

Should be able to do what I can in my video

Pictures of your setup?
Nice

flipped oring/carrier within powertube ? Does that mean you put them in reverse order when installing them?

NVM: Question answered. Thanks

Last edited by adam45; 06-29-2011 at 12:38 PM.
adam45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:11 PM   #19 (permalink)

Not positive yet, but it looks like I might have got her fixed. Just from actuating the sear with my hand it seems to be good. Want to find some air though.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:42 AM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
Not positive yet, but it looks like I might have got her fixed. Just from actuating the sear with my hand it seems to be good. Want to find some air though.
be sure to post up what the problem was so other can learn from your thread!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs