-   Air Gun Designs (
-   -   PTP MicroMag Vertical ASA (

WSCopic 06-18-2007 01:40 PM

PTP MicroMag Vertical ASA
Howdy AGD peoples.

I may be needing a vertical for a PTP MicroMag. Where can I get one, and what parts will I need alltogether to make it work?

Just planning on slapping a gas through on there for a grip, but would like to be able to add a Stab later if I wanted.

(Last Mag I had was back in about 96, so I am a little behind on the parts and rusty on the workings of the tiny beastie. I may need you all for moral support. :( )

WSCopic 06-18-2007 05:20 PM

eBay: Pro-Team Products 68 MicroMag PAINTBALL MARKER /Gun ++ (item 140127995205 end time Jun-18-07 13:08:14 PDT)

This is the one I just picked up. Assuming it gets here in one piece, I want to make it ready to accept a vertical asa with the ability to either just run the air like it is now and use a gas through/non-gas through grip, or install a male regulator and run the gas through.

I am stoked...been wanting a PTP gun since I was a little high schooler. :D :D

WSCopic 06-18-2007 09:56 PM

Talked with Forest, all they have are nickel vert ASAs. They have gloss black and nickel one piece gas through grips.......which, in your opinions, would look better on a dust black micromag, and which is the better choice?

Target 06-18-2007 10:06 PM

The MicroMag uses a PTP specific part, be it a vertical ASA or a gas though grip. AGD parts will not fit.
They are held on with a 10-32 screw.

It is also not recommended to run a 2nd regulator on any Mag.It can cause starvation. If you plan on using CO2, there are some threads covering that topic.

They were recently still available from PTP in limited colors and quantities.

<b>Micromag Vertical Adapter

<B>Micromag Gas-thru Foregrip

WSCopic 06-18-2007 10:12 PM

Ahh, well like i said, my first Mag was a while ago. :D

Back in the day of $200 expansion chambers and 6' remote hoses coiled up around the power feed for extra expansion. I don't think I have ever shot a Mag on HPA. Getting excited now. Hehe.

Thanks for the info Target, but I have already contacted PTP and found that out. My question now is if the one piece gas through grip/asa is a better idea than a vert asa and a separate grip. Just looking for opinions.

craltal 06-19-2007 02:47 PM

it all boils down to aesthetics and how easily it'll be to change things in the future if you decide to. Personally I have the ASA and use a screw in on mine on the off chance I decide to change things up at a later date.

maglover728 06-20-2007 05:38 AM

That is like clothes shopping for a woman. You need to find out what feels right for you and go that route. we can tell you what in our opinions looks better, buy opinions are like butt holes, everyone...

WSCopic 06-20-2007 09:04 AM

I am just looking for opinions, not asking for anyone to "Tell me what to get". If I was, your reply would be right on the money.

Asking for opinions and info is not the same as asking what I should get.

Robertsr 06-20-2007 09:14 AM

I like the ptp gas through. It's a nice comfortable design, and it has the "advantage" of making the thing an all PTP product. If you're the kind of guy who gets a gun set up and leaves it that way, I'd say that would be the one for you.

WSCopic 06-20-2007 09:26 AM

Thanks man. I have already decided on it due to Forest e-mailing with me. I guess I was just hoping for info like this...or maybe..."Don't get a gas through grip they are the worst and NO ONE uses them because (insert reason)".

Know what I mean. :D

I am the type that sets up a gun and uses it that way until I decide I don't like it or it breaks. Gas through it is.