mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Location: looking through the knotholes in granny's wooden leg

A little Mag guidance please

So over some time I have accumulated several mag parts through various deals. I thought that maybe I had enough to venture in to putting one together. Mind you I know very little about mags, very little. I ran into some problems. Here are some pictures of all the stuff I have.

Name:  HPNX0960.JPG
Views: 133
Size:  118.5 KB

Name:  HPNX0961.JPG
Views: 136
Size:  103.0 KB

Name:  HPNX0962.JPG
Views: 134
Size:  128.1 KB

Name:  HPNX0963.JPG
Size:  111.8 KB

Name:  HPNX0964.JPG
Views: 132
Size:  108.3 KB

Name:  HPNX0965.JPG
Views: 137
Size:  108.8 KB

Name:  HPNX0966.JPG
Size:  123.6 KB

Name:  HPNX0967.JPG
Size:  122.7 KB

Name:  HPNX0968.JPG
Size:  110.9 KB

Name:  HPNX0969.JPG
Size:  118.4 KB

OK as you can see I have a mini mag valve with what I am guessing is a LVL 7 bolt, correct me if I am wrong about that.
What the problem is the body and the rail don't seem to fit together, why?
What is the cheaper rout to go, new body, new rail?
I am not even sure what all the other parts are...well other than the tippmann detent. Any other advice is welcome as I venture into learning about mags.
the mods here suck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Asking for brass on MCB is like going to the grocery and saying "Looking for food, you guys have any"?
My Feedback

Stuff I want or need evenually

want to buy red pump handle

Nelson, Tippmann, Dye, Angle, Spyder stuff
snaparen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
mag shooter

the rail and body will fit together they are just offset. you seem to be missing a sear and sear pin and a field strip screw and maybe a screw for the body and thats about it

feedback(http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

That body and rail don't look right together. I am thinking you have an RT body but don't know for sure.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR View Post
That body and rail don't look right together. I am thinking you have an RT body but don't know for sure.
That is an RT or old Emag body. It will work with that rail though. You look like you are missing a twistlock assembly, thumb screw, front frame screw and a sear. That small silver piece right of the silver and red springs looks like a sear pin unless my eyes are mistaken. That long, thin spring looks like a Spyder main spring and the orange detent goes to a Tippmann. Bottom right looks like level 10carriers and you have a level 7 bolt so those are useless for your build.
ScreamingShiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

You should be able to use that body on that rail, as long as it sits flush in the rail. I'm assuming it's sliding front/back? Once you put the marker together as a whole, the front frame screw (which looks like you do not have) will keep it from moving.
From pics it looks like you are missing:
-Front frame screw
-Sear
-Sear pin
-Twistlock Assembly (which goes into the rail and holds barrel in place)
-Field Strip Screw (which holds valve in place on rail/frame)
-Barrel

You can get these from AGD's website or Tunaman. You're probably looking at about $45 worth of parts on the higher side unless you can get them used. That's considering that the valve needs no work or parts replaced. It looks like you have a handful of Level 10 parts in the box as well.

Basically what Shiek said, looks like he caught me in midpost, lol.
audioSLAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Location: looking through the knotholes in granny's wooden leg

there is a twist lock assembly in the box, second row second square from the right. I think I might have the sear somewhere, I seem to remember buying one.
The body does not sit flush on the rail. I kinda like the body but not looking to build a RT already have one. So what I am hearing is I need to be in the market for a different body. What would I call this wtb, MIniMag body, automag body?
the mods here suck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Asking for brass on MCB is like going to the grocery and saying "Looking for food, you guys have any"?
My Feedback

Stuff I want or need evenually

want to buy red pump handle

Nelson, Tippmann, Dye, Angle, Spyder stuff
snaparen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

Classic mag or Minimag bodies. I actually have one for sale but it isn't polished, it's dull grey. And I don't have a barrel for it. Minimag bodies have the ported front shroud and look nicer. There are quite a few floating around on AO.
ScreamingShiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaparen View Post
there is a twist lock assembly in the box, second row second square from the right. I think I might have the sear somewhere, I seem to remember buying one.
The body does not sit flush on the rail. I kinda like the body but not looking to build a RT already have one. So what I am hearing is I need to be in the market for a different body. What would I call this wtb, MIniMag body, automag body?
Yes, either a minimag or automag body, including ULE bodies. The mounting nub for the RT pro body ("pim" iirc) is a little fat to fit that rail. The rail can be milled or drilled to fit that pim, but return postage goes a long way toward an old classic body.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaparen View Post
If you really like that body you could probably modify the pim by filing it to fit the rail, as long as you can get the front frame screw hole to line up. If not yeah, automag powerfeed body, or minimag body, you just might want to specify hopper left or right. The body you have is hopper left. The minimag bodies are longer and have sort of a "ventilated" front to them similar to a Tech 9. Either will work with that rail.
audioSLAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Looks like you have all the spare parts from a LVL10 bolt kit in the box as well, that is what the long silver spring and red spring are for, just be sure not to use those with your lvl7 bolt.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs