mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-16-2012, 12:09 AM   #11 (permalink)

Thanks Spider, that helped a ton.

One more... for now.... How adjustable are R/T valves? I'm interested in picking up an R/T Classic, but I'm not really into the speed side of paintball. Also, is it a pain to tune and chrono them? I was looking through the manual and it seems quite complicated.
NPpballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
The first tuning can be a bit rough... Once you get it set though you will be good for a few years! Chrono is a piece of cake.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

For "adjustment", you just adjust the velocity like you would a classic valve, with a 1/8" allen wrench in the back.

The only "tuning" you do is to set up a level 10 bolt and/or a ULT on/off. If you are not sure you want a ULT and/or you are not that "into" how your marker works, I would at least put off the ULT for later.

You set up a level 10 and it may need another carrier after the first few thousand rounds. After that, you should be able to burn all the money in your wallet on paint before you need to tweak it again.

In theory the RT valves have a few more failure modes because of the reg pin design, but the common leaks are usually the same as the classics.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #14 (permalink)

Screw plastic elbows. Go to a hardware store, buy a copper elbow and two hose clamps. Dremmel or cut a small notch on both openings of the elbow (an upside-down "T" is best), then clamp on gun. Spray paint black if you'd like.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Rude Boy
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

My Hot-Rod:
Black Promaster #92 - ICDU Ram, Bob Long Marq HPR, AKA SCMIII LPR, eBay Valve, Maddman Lightened Valve Spring, Custom Bolt Pin, Modified Bolt, Kila Drive Board, Kila Magnetic Detents & Eye Covers, CP Sling Trigger, CCM No-Pro Feedneck, Bob Long Gear Drive On/Off ASA, full Freak kit. All fed by my Dye Rotor

Feedback
New_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Or just get a center feed ULE body
Old 05-16-2012, 10:54 PM   #16 (permalink)

So is it possible to make an un R/Table, R/T? I just want to shoot straight semi, one shot per pull
Old 05-17-2012, 12:06 AM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
yea, either drop the input pressure to the valve or get a ULT and use either a small number of shims or no shims at all.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:20 AM   #18 (permalink)

I see... so can you lover the input pressure to the valve without affecting velocity too much?
Old 05-17-2012, 12:41 AM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
yea no problem. The big difference between the RT style valves and the classic valves is that with the RT style valve the output pressure from the tank is directly used to reset the on/off. The air from the tank still gets regulated by the valve before hitting the dump chamber, which is how you chrono. with most of the xvalves i have owned i would be hard pressed to get it to RT at 850psi input which is plenty to cycle the valve.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

In theory, RT valves are not as consistent as classics because you can pull the trigger into the different stages of the recharge. However, if you simply take your aimed shots the same way everytime, it's not a factor. If you're wailing away inconsistently on the trigger, it's probably not a big deal if the velocity varies a few fps more than usual. At low input pressures (around 650-750) an RT behaves more like a classic valve. You can tell when an RT is low on air by the feel of the trigger.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs