mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-14-2012, 09:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
geez where did you find this 'mag, in a dumpster?
Well it did look like it hadn't been cleaned forever. I think some of the old paint pitted some of the anno on the aluminum rail. Looks pretty now.

Actually my wife went yard sailing while I was at work Sat. morning and called and said a lady was selling an automag and asking 200 for it. I told her what a reasonable price was for it. She described some of the gear and I told her what I wanted and was willing to pay. I had her test to make sure the barrels would fit and she found the dent in the body. got the gun and bunch of old school stuff for 60 and a really nice pb gear bag for another $10. Pics coming soon.

We went back together later and bought it and the lady said she used to play semi-pro in Alabama. I figure that if she was using this and playing tournaments it must have been a while back . Scope and all

wanted: got most of it for now.

currently in China
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

pics of the body. I used a few weightlifting plates as an anvil with cloth over it and used the end of my curl bar as tap. Few taps with a hammer and almost as good as new. Does not affect performance at all now.

Bolts pics for comparison
[IMG] [/IMG]

pics of everything that came with it. The sp wood grips and vl 2000 shown on the micro came with the 68 mag. Other parts shown: telescoping stock, backbottle adapter, alum. frame, MVM asa dual sided, tasco accudot scope (not sure if it still works), tourney lock, sight rail, armson elbow, 14" armson and 16" SP all american both with foam grips, al foregrip.
[IMG] [/IMG]

remote hoses and expansion chamber(huge) the on/off screws into the side of the chamber, I put in of the black hose for teching my cocker. One of the remote lines has a filter says pro-flow filter(I even have a replacement filter in the packaging). What is the brass barrel behind the quick disconnects?
[IMG] [/IMG]

glam shots of my three mags: both the 68 and classic cost me $60 each and came with extra stuff. The classic came with splash 16" sp aa and 8 or 10 inch armson.
[IMG] [/IMG]

Anyone know anything about Busklan camo? Any help on pricing the guns and various items would be appreciated. I'll have to sell some stuff. I can't justify as many guns and gear as I have right now.

currently in China
Old 05-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #13 (permalink)
chuff chuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Blond View Post
I'll have to sell some stuff. I can't justify as many guns and gear as I have right now.
You do realize this is MCB
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
chuff chuff

Keep that backbottle setup! Backbottle mags are cool.
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

^ the bb is cool, but I don't think I would ever play with it other than putting the stock on it. I just like running a bottom-line better. Is the stock made by agd? Also it has the number 02 on the side is that a year or a serial number? The wood grips are really nice. I think I may have have to get another pair for my wife's mag. I think she is slightly jealous of them.

currently in China
Old 05-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #16 (permalink)
Custom User

The bolts in your picture are both level 7. You will need to get some extra foamies if your using that bolt in case the foamie comes off.

Your wife found you an awesome deal, it cleaned up really well. Glad the dent came out
adam45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
Custom User

The brass barrel behind the quick disconnect could be a slide check? For degassing the marker before removing the quick connect.

If its not the it will be either a sintered bronze plug to help prevent liquid CO2 from getting to the valve or a filter to stop dirt from doing the same.

From here it looks like a slide check.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Yeah, slide check sounds right. I have yet to test them to see if they work. There is a little brass ring just ahead of the barrel on both hoses, but I think both have a part missing. I'll have to check tonight to see if it affects performance.

I can get more info on the co2 filter tonight after work. It was made by ptp/armson.

currently in China
Old 05-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
Custom User

There probably isnt any part missing, at least not from what I can see in the photo's. If you air it up and theres a leak around the barrel ( slide), remove the part, take off the "ring", slide the "barrel" off the end and look inside it. If there is an O-ring missing or damaged replace it. Put a little oil on the Orings and reinstall gently. Should be good after that.

Sometimes a little oil will fix a leak before having to disassemble anything. Try oiling the slide, and moving it back and forth to get a better seal, first. Those parts may not have been used for a long time and could be dried out.

Last edited by adam45; 05-15-2012 at 01:01 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs