mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Air Gun Designs (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/)
-   -   lvl 10 question (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/20291-lvl-10-question.html)

SN toter 08-07-2007 02:19 PM

lvl 10 question

I recently aquired an emag valve with a level 10 bolt. Problem is that the bolt is missing the foamie. I'm playing on Friday and even if I order fomies today, they won't be here in time. Basically, how much of a difference is it going to make not having one, will I still be able to shoot this thing alright or am I asking for trouble? thanks

sdawg 08-07-2007 03:34 PM

Try it and tell us what happens :D

My guess is that the force of the bolt could end up breaking the paint (if the paintball has a brittle shell). It might other wise fire normally.

sdlm 08-07-2007 03:54 PM

Most of the time the very tip of the lvl 10 is what seems to catch on the paint, so most of the shots will work just like normal, however occasionally it doesn't work right without the foamie. I have played without it and it really doesn't seem to make a great deal of difference. That being said I do try to keep a pack on hand.

SN toter 08-07-2007 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdlm (Post 190567)
Most of the time the very tip of the lvl 10 is what seems to catch on the paint, so most of the shots will work just like normal, however occasionally it doesn't work right without the foamie. I have played without it and it really doesn't seem to make a great deal of difference. That being said I do try to keep a pack on hand.

I was hoping it wouldn't make a big difference..thanks. I'm buying a pack, just won't be here in time. ;)

going_home 08-07-2007 08:42 PM

Two Balls At Once

It will shoot two balls at once and wont go far.
You wont be able to play with it at all.
Unless you dont mind not being able to hit anything.
On a ULE body the foamy being gone allows two balls to fall
behind the detent, one actually going into the bolt just a bit.

:(

EDIT: I do use an Empire B force feed hopper also, I forgot to mention that.

sdlm 08-07-2007 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by going_home (Post 190800)
It will shoot two balls at once and wont go far.
You wont be able to play with it at all.
Unless you dont mind not being able to hit anything.
On a ULE body the foamy being gone allows two balls to fall
behind the detent, one actually going into the bolt just a bit.

:(

I would like to point out, while this has not been my experience at all I do use a twist lock body with the detentes in the barrel.

I do also use .689 paint (Or rather paint that fits a .689 barrel), when the ball is at rest, it doesn't have any room to roll back since it touches he edges of the bolt. However, Going_home could be using paint that is small enough to roll into the area between the edges of the bolt allowing a double feed.

I have both a level 6 foamie bolt and a level 10 and when a foamie goes at the field I don't bother replacing it until I get home, never had an issue, though paint size could be an issue in that.

z1p101 08-08-2007 02:44 AM

I don't know about LVL 10, but any other time I've shot a Mag with a fomie bolt with out a fomie, the marker turns into a ball blender.

I is the best hint you have that the fomie was shot off.

SN toter 08-08-2007 09:00 AM

well..guess I'll find out! I'm not using a forcefed hopper so mayhaps I'll be okay.

Tugboater203 08-16-2007 01:13 PM

What do you use to re-attach a foamie anyway?

Tug

WSCopic 08-16-2007 01:18 PM

super glue.