mcarterbrown.com

Old 05-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
flinging poo

New (to me) automag woes

I just picked up a used X-valve tac-one on eBay. When I aired it up the first time the gun went off without me touching the trigger. When I actually did pull the trigger, it would fire one time and air would rush out the barrel. If I degassed the gun and aired it up again, I could fire another shot and it would leak again down the barrel.

All I got from the seller was the mag. From what I have read, it looks like I should troubleshooting with carriers, but I have none. Any idea where I can get a carrier kit? I contacted the seller, but haven't received a response yet.
paintballmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballmonkey View Post
I just picked up a used X-valve tac-one on eBay. When I aired it up the first time the gun went off without me touching the trigger. When I actually did pull the trigger, it would fire one time and air would rush out the barrel. If I degassed the gun and aired it up again, I could fire another shot and it would leak again down the barrel.

All I got from the seller was the mag. From what I have read, it looks like I should troubleshooting with carriers, but I have none. Any idea where I can get a carrier kit? I contacted the seller, but haven't received a response yet.
Did you get the one for $350?
Have you tried oilng it up.?
Oil everything up. And then drop another 5 drops into the airfittingnonnthe valve, and shoot it about 15-20 times.
If air still rushes out of the barrel, then get a carrier kit ffrom AGD or Tunamart.

If the oil doesn't do it, yu can always opt for sendit he gun to AGD to have it completely overhauled.
henchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Closer to home.....

CCM Fan
Are you familiar with the troubleshooting videos on YouTube? They might be old, but they still work like a charm!

My Feedback: Here on MCB BigEvilOnline Automags.org PaintBallNation
Zondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Formerly known as DMex

Yep. Like henchman already stated. Oil that beast. If it continues to leak. Click the fish link in Zondos sig area. That is one of AGD's dealers. He should be able to get you what you need.

I would purchase a X-valve rebuild kit and a set of lvl 10 carriers and a few lvl 10 shims (don't think they come in the X-valve rebuild kits).

For now, If oil doesn't fix your problem. Pull the Power Tube tip off and remove all the lvl 10 shims. Re-air the valve and see if your still leaking down the barrel. If you stil are just wait for the rebuild kit. Rule of thumb for any mag. If you get in a UNK valve it's always best to do a full rebuild and start from scratch.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
flinging poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman View Post
Did you get the one for $350?
Have you tried oilng it up.?
Oil everything up. And then drop another 5 drops into the airfittingnonnthe valve, and shoot it about 15-20 times.
If air still rushes out of the barrel, then get a carrier kit ffrom AGD or Tunamart.

If the oil doesn't do it, yu can always opt for sendit he gun to AGD to have it completely overhauled.
No. I got one that was buy it now. I will try oil first and make an order Monday.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
flinging poo

Oil did it. Never had an issue with any of my other mags like this though.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Take it down and check for missing parts first.

A friend brings me a mag to "tune the level 10". It's missing screws and the reg pin and has melted o-rings in the expansion chamber.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
flinging poo

I called AGD and ordered an X valve parts kit, Lvl 10 carriers and a red spring. Talked to Dave, I think that was his name, about the gun. Turns out he vacations in this area. I just sold my Micromag on eBay, so hopefully this mag turns out to be ok.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs