mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-08-2007, 10:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Micromag linkage help...

So I just snagged another PTP Micromag, and the linkage has got me bamboozled. It's an older model, dust black with a powerfeed (2 screw).

Obviously it doesn't use an AM/MM pin, because there's no rail, but there doesn't seem to be threading for an RT/Emag style pin... It won't take the pins from my centerfire Micromags either...

There's a large hole (the same width as an AM/MM pin) on the show side of the gun, and a smaller, half blocked hole on the passenger side.

Currently I'm using a standard AM/MM pin, and blocking the larger hole with a cork. As classy as this setup is , I'm anxious to set this old beauty up right.
A.C. Basbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
That's all I've ever seen for the sear pin on those puppies. I put a piece of poster tack in my old ones to make sure it didn't drop out. When you're under pressure the friction takes care of itself, but I was forever losing the darned things in the gear case between games before the poster tack.

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lions, Tigers, and Bears...

Unhappy Aftermarket ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.C. Basbas View Post
So I just snagged another PTP Micromag, and the linkage has got me bamboozled. It's an older model, dust black with a powerfeed (2 screw).

Obviously it doesn't use an AM/MM pin, because there's no rail, but there doesn't seem to be threading for an RT/Emag style pin... It won't take the pins from my centerfire Micromags either...

There's a large hole (the same width as an AM/MM pin) on the show side of the gun, and a smaller, half blocked hole on the passenger side.

Currently I'm using a standard AM/MM pin, and blocking the larger hole with a cork. As classy as this setup is , I'm anxious to set this old beauty up right.
You sure its not one of those aftermarket ones that Airsoldier.com was selling ?
Sounds like one of the many problems I had with one I got from there before I finally sent it back and gave up on it.

going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Kilt Fan
No, the earlier ones (characterized by a bolt on ball detent as opposed to it being milled into the side of the marker) have unthreaded holes designed to friction hold the sear pin.

FEEDBACK
Old 08-09-2007, 10:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Sasquatchian

Mine is like that, Robert, with the bolt on detent, but the pin seems to stay in just fine. I thought it caught on the grip frame, but I guess I will have to check it out when I get home. Don't want to lose that sucker.

(The older ones also have only one screw holding the power-feed on, along with the bolt on detent.)
Old 08-09-2007, 12:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Kilt Fan
I should preface what I'm saying with "in my experience". I don't have any hard dates for when production changes were made to the models.

FEEDBACK
Old 08-09-2007, 12:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Well, I fixed the problem. I tossed a Centerflag frame on there, and because it's got wings it covers about 50% of the hole, and prevents the linkage from escaping...

I really didn't want to go electro with this thing, but that seems like the only way to make it work.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Yes the sear pin is ment to be held in by the wings of the trigger frame.
The older Mag frames have the wings I'm sure you could find a frame with wings.
If I recall correct AGD went wingless after the RT Mags.
You could always get Rainman to modify it for a threaded pin like Robertsr has had done.
Ratzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

benchmarck frames all had the "wings" as well, which solved the problem...
stevedavidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Yeah, unfortunately all I've got for frames (besides the Centerflag with wings and a broken Booyah) are 2 eMag frames that are being used, a handfull of cast euro frames, and a couple CF frames...

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs