mcarterbrown.com  

Old 07-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

co2 compatibility

i have a classic valve missing an on off.

i also have a spare x valve on off.

if i install the spare x valve on off into the classic valve, will it be able to handle co2, or am i limited to hpa?
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Yes, but you might have some issue with it working. The design of the regulators in each valve system determine the gas you can use, so no matter what on/off you use, a classic vavle can handle co2. The xvalve will most likely have an rt or a ult on/off. The ult won't always work on classic valves.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

The RT on/off is usually good, but you would want a teflon top o-ring (the small one).

If you leave the CO2 on it for a long time (all day), it can penetrate the little urethane o-ring in the inside of the on/off body, making it bind. Synthetic grease helps slow that a bit. You could probably find a teflon o-ring for that inside as well.

You probably just need to ask for a classic on/off, if you are willing to go that way. Even a WTB should be $0-$10 shipped. We used to try to think of new things to do with them. I used a couple on experiments, and I'm not sure what I have left atm.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

ok, i have a teflon one on hand.

would i still need the bigger o-ring that goes into the classic valve, or can i take it out with my o-ring pick? (red circled below)

Old 07-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Warrior of the Wasteland

CCM Fan
Since when do you own a mag?

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Sean_Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_Chip View Post
Since when do you own a mag?
forever.

i found it and it's now my best candidate for the poo polishing contest, since i've already restored my nelspots.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
The RT on/off is usually good, but you would want a teflon top o-ring (the small one).

If you leave the CO2 on it for a long time (all day), it can penetrate the little urethane o-ring in the inside of the on/off body, making it bind. Synthetic grease helps slow that a bit. You could probably find a teflon o-ring for that inside as well.

You probably just need to ask for a classic on/off, if you are willing to go that way. Even a WTB should be $0-$10 shipped. We used to try to think of new things to do with them. I used a couple on experiments, and I'm not sure what I have left atm.
ok. i installed the rt valve with the teflon o-ring and aired the gun up. it shot for a few times and then the trigger failed to reset. i disassembled the gun to find that the teflon o-ring has forced itself past the big bedded o-ring (the one circled above) in the valve hole, to the far side of the valve hole. i imagine that's when the trigger stopped working.

i took them out, and this time removed the big o-ring. as soon as i aired up the gun it jackhammered. then it stopped. i took off the grip frame to see that the on/off pin is stuck outward, therefor also preventing the valve from being removed from the body.

i hammered the pin back down lol. then i disassembled the valve again. this time i see the teflon o-ring has broken.

so does anyone know what to do when the trigger wouldn't return? i tried turning the reg inward but that only caused a leak which i presume is the agd failsafe kicking in.

now i appear to have found pieces that would assemble into a complete classic on/off from the bottom of the parts bin. it seems to be missing an o-ring, which i found 3 possible candidates. are these statements correct? which of the 3 o-rings should go on? i assume it should be the same size as the on one the rt on/off so i can match them to find the correct one, but i want to make sure in case i waste any o-rings.

oh, and the spacer in the bolt was 215 when i aired the gun. i put the 225 in as per the instructions on the back of the box but i have not tried it yet.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
ok. i installed the rt valve with the teflon o-ring and aired the gun up. it shot for a few times and then the trigger failed to reset. i disassembled the gun to find that the teflon o-ring has forced itself past the big bedded o-ring (the one circled above) in the valve hole, to the far side of the valve hole. i imagine that's when the trigger stopped working.

i took them out, and this time removed the big o-ring. as soon as i aired up the gun it jackhammered. then it stopped. i took off the grip frame to see that the on/off pin is stuck outward, therefor also preventing the valve from being removed from the body.

i hammered the pin back down lol. then i disassembled the valve again. this time i see the teflon o-ring has broken.

so does anyone know what to do when the trigger wouldn't return? i tried turning the reg inward but that only caused a leak which i presume is the agd failsafe kicking in.

now i appear to have found pieces that would assemble into a complete classic on/off from the bottom of the parts bin. it seems to be missing an o-ring, which i found 3 possible candidates. are these statements correct? which of the 3 o-rings should go on? i assume it should be the same size as the on one the rt on/off so i can match them to find the correct one, but i want to make sure in case i waste any o-rings.

oh, and the spacer in the bolt was 215 when i aired the gun. i put the 225 in as per the instructions on the back of the box but i have not tried it yet.

http://i.imgur.com/lSArK.jpg
Looks like the big one. You are missing 2 though. One goes in the groove of the lower on/off body and the other goes around the teflon oring. They both should be about the same outer diameter as the on/off body. Assembled, should look like this:
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
Looks like the big one. You are missing 2 though. One goes in the groove of the lower on/off body and the other goes around the teflon oring. They both should be about the same outer diameter as the on/off body. Assembled, should look like this:
http://i.imgur.com/U120A.jpg
ok. check the valve diagram on agd and they are supposed to be the same size, i have more than 2 of those. thanks
Old 07-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
Unless you originally had trouble with this before, I wouldn't mess with it. If it used to work ok with the 215, it will probably leak with the 225.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs