mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-23-2007, 02:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Stealth play with a mag

It’s a cloudy, sullen day, the temperature reaching into the upper 70’s. You’re lying down in the dirt on the edge of a copse of trees; off in the distance you hear the characteristic ‘Thwack, Thwack, Thwack’ of Tippmanns exchanging semi-and-fully automatic fire, somewhere in front of you emanates the harsh bark of a Spyder throwing a three round burst, destined to never hit a thing.
A youth pops out from behind his rocky cover, aiming another three round burst from his MR3 at a tree to your far right; so intent on the obvious place someone might hide that he never even scans the thin screen of grass separating you. He is advancing forward. Obviously hyped up on adrenaline and looking to score his first elimination of the day. Your position couldn’t be better though, his shouldered marker effectively blocks your from his view and gives you that much more to shoot at; he’s a bare twenty yards away.
Your marker comes to your shoulder smoothly, automatically tracking him as he steps forward. He hesitates when he realizes there’s no one behind that tree, that is his deadly mistake. His pause is punctuated by a single ‘Chut’ and a bright pink spot blooms on his ribs, He quickly looks to the left and right, not immediately seeing anybody he drops his arm to his side and scrubs it back and forth, trying to eliminate the mark.
The little bugger just wiped a perfect shot!
In response you shoot twice more, ‘Chut, Chut’ and spots appear on the side of his mask and his pack; he still doesn’t see you, but admits defeat and walks off.
Surprising as it is, your Automag is quiet enough that its noise is almost lost amidst the chatter of Tippmans and Spyders.
Within a minute, the kid has come back, this time with three friends. They spray the brush all around you, some paint even whizzes right by you, passing just inches over your head; one toting an A-5 shrugs and mutters something to his companion; the two of them turn to leave; you slowly exhale a breath you don’t realize you had been holding and sight on the two still looking in your direction, adjusting your aim for the forty yards of distance and let loose a burst at each of them. Pink spots bloom on one’s chest and on the other’s chest and mask; the two who were walking away turn around and drop, opening up on a spot barely two feet to your left. You can’t believe your luck, but won’t count on getting a second chance, you force yourself to breath in and out; then shoot at each of them, a single shot gets one of the A-5 wielders, the other shots miss; his friend alters his aim at takes shots directly at you. You roll to your left, where they thought you were originally, an shoot without thinking, managing to score another hit.
No time to celebrate though, within a minute they will have another bunch knocking on your doorstep. You’re job is done though, you hear the air horn. The game is over, the flag was hung and you never even saw it, none the less though, you held up a third of their team, by yourself.

Time to get more paint, CO2 and get ready for the next game, the next onslaught.

Walking_Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I got shivers reading that!
Old 08-24-2007, 09:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Marathoner

Nice story. Really embodied the thrill of woodsball!
secretweaponevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
It's also a re-post...

A great experience for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Marathoner

MySQLDrumPHPAdmin ftw!

Off Topic:
Well On topic in having photographic memory concerning all things paintball:
Does anyone here remember (and perhaps have scans of) an article in APG circa 1992 about paintball addiction by an Asian-American fellow who mentioned flailing in an elevator at the sight of someone wearing orange (ref color at the time)? He also mentioned applying a healthy coat of Scotch Guard® before a day's play. Had me in stitches when I was 16.

Last edited by secretweaponevan; 08-24-2007 at 11:32 AM. Reason: put in the Off Topic thingamajig
secretweaponevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Icognito Remiss Firebrand

Send a message via AIM to Eress Pnter

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
No way Evan, he gets no direct database access!

Eress Pnter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
It's also a re-post...

A great experience for me...

why yes, it is..

i intended to post in the members only section as well, but not having god-like powers of thread moving and sacrasm like some people, i was unable to put it in the proper section when i mis-posted

Walking_Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Icognito Remiss Firebrand

Send a message via AIM to Eress Pnter

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
I would have moved it for you.

Eress Pnter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
lively as a coma

Very fine post, I would like to hear a report of the next onslaught.
hockeytown is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs