-   Air Gun Designs (
-   -   rt classic valve guide screw (

paintballedbackin88 09-01-2012 06:22 AM

rt classic valve guide screw
Hey fellas,

Just got my first automag, an rt classic. The valve body had an external screw/pin that was used to twist/lock the body in place on the rail. Well, mine broke off at the base, allowing the body to pull straight out after removing the banjo screw.

Is this guide screw/pin essential or will it be ok to operate it as is? I can't seem to locate a pn on any diagrams, and even if I did, I have no clue how I'd remove the broken segment from the body.

Thanks to Sean_chip, lzrsktr, practice Target, and wooulf for introducing me to mags at the cocker vs mags game. These things are pretty fun.

Ando 09-01-2012 12:25 PM

You'll be fine without it. Just make sure when your adj your velocity that the body isn't unscrewing. Some of my rails have the guide milled off and I've never had the 2 haves unscrew but there's always a first.

paintballedbackin88 09-01-2012 02:00 PM

Thanks Ando! You're correct, though, I'm the first. I was adjusting the reg and it was actually unscrewing the rear part of the valve.

I have to hold the valve body as I adjust the reg, and everything is cool.

Spider! 09-01-2012 10:36 PM

If you can get the rest of the pin out, you can make a one from a roll pin from the hardware store and cut it to length with a dremel tool. You can also make one from brass rod and loctite it in.