mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

New to mags

Hey everyone, just bought a 68 automag off the forum here. Looks to be 100% stock. I would like to fancy it up a little and was hoping for a little direction on parts and compatibility.

I would like to get a ULE body for it assuming it will fit. Also want to put an angled front grip and a double trigger frame ( stock frames are too small for my hands). What parts would you recommend? Also, is a Lvl 10 bolt a worthwhile upgrade?

Sorry for 20 questions, it's been around 16 years since I've shot a mag and I've never owned one.

DP Fusion FX with a Prophecy loader, 70ci Worr Gas, CP drop forward, Dye ASA, TechT bolt and Ram.

Project Ion for my Daughter is finished thanks to all the parts I found on this forum. Thanks Everyone!

Currently working on an .68 Automag and an Autococker.
Pbmazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart

I would run the 68 and snag a nice level 10 set up second marker
doc Zox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
12 year hiatus over...

Lvl x is worth it for x valves not classic valves. It solves chopping paint issues. Lvl VII is more gas efficient. Classic valve will fit a rule body only the rt ( not rt pro) is different valve otherwise they all fit out. Intelliframe would be my recommendation. Many other good ones but for non custom that seems to be the best and they are avail reasonably priced here and on AO.
justme- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Level 10 bolts do exactly what they are advertised to do. If you don't chop enough to care, then you don't need one. If you don't want to chop at all, a level 10 can do that. Considering a mag isn't all that air efficient to start with, you don't give up much more air with a level 10.

Either way, if your mag has a power feed, make sure the plug is the newer one, like the one on the left below.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Thanks everyone.

DP Fusion FX with a Prophecy loader, 70ci Worr Gas, CP drop forward, Dye ASA, TechT bolt and Ram.

Project Ion for my Daughter is finished thanks to all the parts I found on this forum. Thanks Everyone!

Old 09-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbmazda View Post
I would like to get a ULE body for it assuming it will fit. Yup!

Also want to put an angled front grip and a double trigger frame ( stock frames are too small for my hands).If you like the 45 style frames intelli's are great, if you have HUGE hands and want something bigger or different i really like the 90* frames (chimera, logic, M90). They have a completely different feel but are considerably larger

Sorry for 20 questions, it's been around 16 years since I've shot a mag and I've never owned one.Welcome to the addiction! sorry abotu yout wallet
answers in Red
Old 09-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart

Sweet deal
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/b...dan-rifle.html
doc Zox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I found a 15degree Asa. ULE bodies seem kinda rare but can still be purchased new if need be. Are any of the trigger frames still being produced? I'm not having much luck googling.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbmazda View Post
I found a 15degree Asa. ULE bodies seem kinda rare but can still be purchased new if need be. Are any of the trigger frames still being produced? I'm not having much luck googling.
You can still buy the Intelliframe from AGD. It's been a while since we've had some aftermarket custom frames. Lukescustoms is in the planning stages for some. The rest you will have to find in the BSTs.

The only frames I can think of as being "iffy" were the Dye doubles. They usually work fine, but the trigger was floppy and not too pretty. I don't remember if you can straighten that out or not.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Kilt Fan
Welcome to the dark side... there are so many different variations and options for a mag that you can basically do whatever you wana do... look on the pic forum and see all the different things other maggots have built. Also I see you mentioned a angled fore grip... check out deadlywinds they recentlly reintroduced the carbon fibur fore grip which you can adjust the angles. As for bodies and frames and whatnot just check out automags.org and stay active with your wish list. Good deals pop up and get sold real fast in the mag world. But congrats on your purchase and welcome.
E30bimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs