mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-03-2012, 12:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Talking New mag owner! PTP Micromag RT

Hello MCB!

My first post in this forum, and happy to be a new owner of an AGD marker. Ever since my first time playing paintball almost 13 years ago, I have wanted an Automag and an Autococker. These two markers were the pinnacle of performance mechanical markers at the time, when Shockers and Angels (among other electrics) were just starting to transform the sport.

So, what started as a failed attempt in bidding on an ICE Epic, resulted in a continued search for an older and less frequently seen gun.
I haven't received the Mag yet (should be here 10/03/12), but until then here are some pictures from the previous owner. When it arrives I'll do a shooting video with it and the rest of my collection.

Check back again for a link to the FOR SALE section of the forum, where I'll be selling a Shocker Sport S/F, Dynasty Shocker, Shocker SFT, RAINMAKER, and Spyder Compact Java Edition.

::::EDIT::::

Here are the eBay pictures. More pictures (that I took), as well as a shooting video, can be found further down in this thread!

Last edited by REIfire66; 10-10-2012 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Picture update.
REIfire66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

micro's are fun. I have a plain jane black right feed one. Matching micromag valve, but no rt on mine.

if you don't have a level ten, you'll probably want one with a rt valve. Or a good force feedhopper, but I'd still want the level ten bolt if I were you.

wanted: got most of it for now.

currently in China
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Parts?

Besides Luke's, where is a good place to find parts? Going to try PTP on Monday since they didn't return my call this week.

Biggggg leak...thinking valve seals are dry/worn...that being said, I'm looking for:

RT valve rebuild kit/parts
Screw/bolt kit

Thank you everyone!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Formerly known as DMex

AGD or Tuna.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Sorry for the delay...here she is! ...and by she I mean the gun, avert your eyes or

PTP Micromag 2000 ...Dye Ultralite, Dye Rotor, Benchmark On/Off, and a steel hpa tank.

Anything you guys can tell me about it is much appreciated! I know nothing about these guns, and would love to find out when it was made, how many were made, etc.

It was shipped shooting, sort of, but had a horrible leak. So, I stripped it down to every last part (out of curiosity of how it worked, if nothing else)! All o-rings appeared to be intact, without any obvious cuts. They were rather dry, but that's all I could pick out. I gave it a quick wipe down, greased with a dow-33 grease, and re-assembled. I'll get my tanks filled when I get home tomorrow and test it out. I may be back on here sooner than intended for some troubleshooting help.

On another note, here is my shocker that is FOR SALE /OBO in the B/S/T Forum
(NO TRADES as I need money for Paramedic School & Cost of living for this coming January!)

Last edited by REIfire66; 10-10-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Thank you James. I will look into the level 10 bolt for sure!

Also, does anyone make nice hard lines specific to MicroMag? I remember reading something about one that allowed to retain pressure up to the valve, so you didn't lose much air if needing to field strip...ring any bells?

Thanks again!
Old 10-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Since you're feeding it with a rotor, you might not need it. Give it a go with some paint and see if you have a problem chopping at high speeds, if so then get the lvl 10.

Don't know of any hardline setups. If anyone has one it is probably a custom job. I use macroline on mine, just cause its cheap, easily replaceable, and looks clean. Also is easy to take off. Never gave me a problem.

wanted: got most of it for now.

currently in China
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Splash mag hunter

Kilt Fan
MmmmmMicromag

Automags.org Feedback

EBAY Feedback

Precious
swe_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Right on. Thanks again James.

^ Thank you, I love the MicroMag already!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Euro-feed RT lover

I would ditch the Dow33 and get some actual oil for that RT valve. Mag orings need oil, not grease to keep functioning properly. Grease might eventually gunk it up. Any silicone based air tool pneumatic oil should work fine, and is dirt cheap. I use a 'special' kind called Super Lube. 'Gold Cup' oil used to be the old standby, not sure if you can still by it, but its basically air tool oil repackaged.

You should pretty much only use grease in the reg half of the valve; on the velocity springs, threading for the valve cap, and maybe some on the reg piston itself.

Good buy on the Micro, and with a Rotar on top all you need is a Ninja SHP tank for you to go full on beast mode!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs