mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

ULE troubles

Just looking for some help.

Almost every other shot I am getting bolt stick, most of the time I can manual press the bolt back to get it to shot again but once in awhile I can't and need to de gas it.

This is a new to my ULE mag with X-valve and Intelliframe.

To confirm the problem was with the on/off, I took my on/off out of my x-valve emag and placed it in the ULE mag and never got any bolt stick.

The sticky for bolt stick with ULE on/off says to add more shims, it wont physically take any more shims. Is there any other options like changing o rings?
Old 10-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Shocker2k Send a message via MSN to Shocker2k

Have you tried to go up a size with the carrier?

Nick
Shocker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I know there are carriers for lvl10 bolt. I didn't think there are carriers for the ULE on/off,
can they purchase separately?
Old 10-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob-o View Post
I know there are carriers for lvl10 bolt. I didn't think there are carriers for the ULE on/off,
can they purchase separately?
Correct, no carriers for the ULT.

The tiny o-ring inside the ULT on/off bottom gets draggy, as well as the top o-ring.

The easy path is to get a new pin and new o-ring (since you have a good chance of breaking the existing pin when you try to unscrew it).

You can also fiddle with it (my preferred method ). Use some automotive polishing compound or just metal polish to clean the pin and o-ring face while it is still assembled in the base. Wash it out with water and then alcohol and re-lube directly with a light synthetic air tool oil. Try the oil first if you haven't been using such a thing. Shine up the top of the pin while you are at it. The total friction between the body and top o-rings just gets too high after a while.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I will give it a try tonight
Old 10-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Also, make sure you have cranked up the velocity.

After thinking about it, I realized it was changing to the red bolt spring that fixed this issue for me. I had an issue similar to yours. If I short-stroked it, the bolt would not reset. I would have to take a squeegee and push it back into place.

I have the old bolt spring, but I don't have a different on-off to try. So, I can't see if the old bolt spring would work with a different on-off.

edit- Realized info I posted was wrong.

Last edited by jvaughn212; 10-22-2012 at 04:07 PM.
jvaughn212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
mag shooter

i think it is your lvl 10 aswell, check ur bolt spring length.

feedback(http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Formerly known as DMex

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob-o View Post

The sticky for bolt stick with ULE on/off says to add more shims, it wont physically take any more shims. Is there any other options like changing o rings?
You've maxed out your shims on your ULT and not run away? Do you have the silver spring installed?

And when you mean new, do you mean bought from AGD new or new to you?

It's rare but not uncommon that you have to fine tune the valve once you get it from AGD. They do a generic tuning at the shop and once you get it home, depending where you live you might have to go up or down in your carrier and/or bump the pressure up/down to get it shooting at the proper FPS. It's nothing you can't do yourself and we can walk to through the steps.

First thing first. Make sure you ck the basics. Rail bushing installed, stock on/off installed with a .750 too .730 pin. I'm sure the one currently installed in the on/off is probably .712 and last but not least, a gold spring installed.

Pull all the lvl 10 shims out and tune the bolt.

You want is the largest carrier installed that doesn't leak but here's the most important part of all that.

MAKE SURE YOU USE THE SAME CARRIER ORING WHEN CHANGING OUT CARRIERS.

If you fail to do so, you're going to end up chasing your tail around. The whole purpose of the carriers is to adj the oring to the bolt stem, if you use a completely different oring in each carrier, you're going to still wind up with a untuned lvl 10. Orings are never 100% the same.

Once you get that situated, trip the lvl 10. If it resets properly, no shims are needed. If it sticks, add shims to the lvl 10 (one at a time) and recheck. You should now have a tuned lvl 10.

Once that's done install the ULT with only 2 shims (make sure they're ULT shims) and adj to taste. There should be no need for polishing, you'll end up bending the pin and your ULT will be a very light paper weight.

You can go up in your main bolt spring if you like but NEVER install the silver one as is. The silver one isn't meant to be use stock. They're meant to be cut down to fine tune your lvl 10.

EDIT: and always install the cut side towards the bolt, not the breach.

Last edited by Ando; 10-22-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Ando is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs