mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Air Gun Designs (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/)
-   -   trigger frame types, emag help (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/217977-trigger-frame-types-emag-help.html)

Nabisco 11-07-2012 10:04 AM

trigger frame types, emag help

what is all out there? im looking around and want to get a good idea on price and specs.... i know there r some custom frames but i know little on them.... i have been wanting a 90 degree but my search is not yielding results.... what are other frames from other markers that can be made to work on the mag? i have been eying a pneu set up

other info is on emag lowers, i may go this way, whats a price range they range? then can i have the trigger set tight like a angel then flip it to Rt and not effect the trigger feel? i c a bunch of post on the batteries and chargers whats going on there... then what is weight on them.... i dont want a tank anymore lol

Ando 11-07-2012 10:27 AM

Buy an Axe if you're worried about weight

DarkStar 11-07-2012 10:48 AM

Yes you can tune the trigger in E-Mode how you like and still flip to Mech and RIP.

Batteries: If it's an original it's likely shot. Unless they specifically say that it's a new replacement it's likely not in great condition. A number of members were selling replacement units and those are likely fine but i don't think anyone is actively doing this anymore. I brought mine down to batteries plus and they were more than happy to build one for me.

Chargers: People either lost or fried them. they are proprietary (the connections) so unless you want to custom build your own wiring harness and stuff to use an after market charger you will want to make sure your lowers come with a charger

Weight? it aint light. move on if this is your main concern.

edit: You want the battery and charger even if they are toast. You will need them in order to build new ones.

OPBN 11-07-2012 11:57 AM

An alternative to an Emag frame is looking for a VER or E90 frame. Both are 90*, but more difficult to find. They are essentially Eframes made to bolt onto an Automag. Similiar to a Hyperframe, but considerably better.

Nabisco 11-07-2012 09:47 PM

i dnt want a axe, im a AGD man, unless i can put a xvalve in it??? i what i was getting at was i want the mag to be similar to my Dark Angel give to take. My classic Rt is a monster and has alot of weight. I was told with the proper parts i can have a mag that has a decent weight. i want to try to mod a angel 90 but have no idea if it can be done... to pneu it would be what im after but if i need to go another route i will i just need to know what i can do... 90 are hard to find so i may just do a 45....idk right now

need4reebs 11-07-2012 11:33 PM

yes it can be done sir! here is a link to one that is for sale:

Automags.Org Online Forums - FS: Automag Sleeper Lowers, 15* V.ASA, PE Bag **Price Reduced**

OPBN 11-08-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nabisco (Post 2527854)
i dnt want a axe, im a AGD man, unless i can put a xvalve in it??? i what i was getting at was i want the mag to be similar to my Dark Angel give to take. My classic Rt is a monster and has alot of weight. I was told with the proper parts i can have a mag that has a decent weight. i want to try to mod a angel 90 but have no idea if it can be done... to pneu it would be what im after but if i need to go another route i will i just need to know what i can do... 90 are hard to find so i may just do a 45....idk right now

You're kind of all over the place on this. Let's start slowly.

Q. Can I make a lightweight Automag:
A. Yes. There are ULE bodies, rails, frames etc that will allow you to put together a reasonably weighted marker. You can go even a few steps farther by opting for a Carbon Fiber modded ULE body, Ultra light milled rail and Deadly wind carbon fiber foregrip. In conjunction with an X valve, these can be relatively light.

Q. Can I pneu an Angel frame?
A. Yes, it's been done a couple of times. You will need to do some milling/tapping, an MSV2, Clippard QEV, LPR, modded ASA if you are planning on a sleeper mod, magnets if you want a magnet mod and various other bits and pieces. If you are uncomfortable doing it, you may want to look for one already done (rare) or contact Loguzzzz on AO
(also known as Practice Target on BigEvil Online - Sometimes it's good to be EVIL) He isnt cheap, but he does good work. Honestly, if you have no idea if it can be done, it may be more than you are ready to get into. Keep in mind pneumatic setups that are not properly tuned can be very frustrating.

Q. Are there E-frames for Mags?
A. Yes. As mentioned their are E-Mag lowers. However, if you are worried about weight, this is not the way to go. E-Mag lowers are HEAVY compared to modern electros. You can do milling on them, but they will never be as light at an Ego, Mini, Axe etc. Ever. You can also opt for a Hyperframe. I have never used one, but under the understanding that they may or may not be what you are looking for feelwise as they are somewhat crude compared to modern electros. Already mentioned about E-90 and VER frames.

Also: If you are looking for high ROF simliar to what you are getting from your Classic RT, but want lighter, there are other alternatives. An X Valve (or RTPro, Retro, and Emag valves) all are capable of simliar performance as the RT Classic, but lighter. The X Valve is lighter than the others mentioned since it is all aluminium, save the PT, while the others have aluminim regulators, but SS valves. Coupling any of these with an SHP Ninja regulator that puts out about 1100psi will get you and RTing beast. Putting this combo in a ULE body, Intelliframe, ULE'd rail etc will get you a fairly light marker that is capable of high rates of fire. This is an example of what I am talking about:

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...intball017.jpg This marker weighs in at around 1.5 lbs WITH A BARREL. And is capable of RT'ing well with an SHP reg. It has a stock aluminum frame, but you could add an Intelliframe (45*) or any of the other vert frames out there for a little more weight.

If you wanted the ultimate in lightweight and high ROF:

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...tmockup003.jpg
Same basic setup with a VER frame. If you can't read it, that's 1.89lbs with a barrel and ASA.

A last subject which probably should have been first is cost. What are you looking to spend? The setups you see above would run anywhere from $500 for the top up to nearly a grand for the VER framed one. General pricing for an E-Mag, if you accept the weight is going to be anywhere from $350 for a beater up to $500+ for one in decent condition with a ULE body and hopefully decent battery. For Pneu setups, the pneu components alone will run you $40+ depending on if you get a magnet mod. A decent LPR is going to be in the $30+ range and you still have to buy the frame and get the work done if you can't do it yourself. Add another $60-80 for a modded On/off ASA if you are wanting a sleeper mod. If you choose to go strictly with a stock ULE'd RT Pro and an SHP regulator, you are looking at around $350+ (this is based on a ULE body, stock AM/MM rail, CF frame, Xvalve)plus the cost of the SHP which is around $50 or so IIRC.

There are so many possibilities that you really need to do some research to see exactly what you need/want and what you are capable of doing.

Hope it helps.

need4reebs 11-08-2012 01:11 PM

and if tha Mag is still too heavy i always recommend drinking milk or lifting sum weights...im just kidding...haha! the complete set of lowers built by Renie that Tigar is selling would be your quickest option for a light set of lowers w/o the time and effort spent finding the parts and building it your self...even tho that was the fun part for me? if you can find a cheater valve you can just drop it in a intelli frame...or you can always build or buy a EgoMag? if you need anymore help finding anything feel free to PM me and ill help ya out as much as i can?

Nabisco 11-08-2012 09:26 PM

how well does the ego frame sit on the mag, looks like there is a gap on the back... looks kinda cheezy? i have a body and rail already... if i pnue i was going to run a classic till i got a xvalve, i was thinking emag since i can flip it over to rt but with the re pop that XMT is working on i really dont need the Rt on this marker build, i thought of the ego mag but i want it looking good.... i was thinking maybe get an angel frame and have louguzzz

need4reebs 11-08-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nabisco (Post 2528809)
how well does the ego frame sit on the mag, looks like there is a gap on the back... looks kinda cheezy? i have a body and rail already... if i pnue i was going to run a classic till i got a xvalve, i was thinking emag since i can flip it over to rt but with the re pop that XMT is working on i really dont need the Rt on this marker build, i thought of the ego mag but i want it looking good.... i was thinking maybe get an angel frame and have louguzzz

the gap is between the rail and the snatch grip on the frame...one of my EgoMags has the snatch grip milled off...but they both look great to me? personally i prefer a Pneumag...they are fun fast and dont need any batteries...just get one or ten of each and your set....haha! :ROTFL: