mcarterbrown.com  

Old 11-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Stock Class Stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsr View Post
Are you trying to run a L-10 kit on it? If you're not, and you're on an L-7 bolt, PM me your shipping info and I'll give you a reg piston. I'm pretty sure I have a couple extra.
Pm'd you! You are awesome!
hopperdropper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Stock Class Stud

I'm running a level 7 on it right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
How's the reg adjustment working? Is it a stock reg adjuster? If you back it off does the leak stop?
Spider - I believe it's aftermarket. It's the kind that's a big dial and you can screw it in or out by hand. It also has the set screw so you can lock it down for a tournament. It doesn't stop leaking no matter how far I back it in our out. It only leaks out of the back really bad whenever I try to pull the trigger. Otherwise the leak comes mainly out of the barrel.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopperdropper View Post
I'm running a level 7 on it right now.

Spider - I believe it's aftermarket. It's the kind that's a big dial and you can screw it in or out by hand. It also has the set screw so you can lock it down for a tournament. It doesn't stop leaking no matter how far I back it in our out. It only leaks out of the back really bad whenever I try to pull the trigger. Otherwise the leak comes mainly out of the barrel.
That sounds different than the reg piston. When you replaced the reg seat, did you notice the reg pin? With everything backed out, the reg pin and seat should be cutting off the air, even if your piston was missing.

I ask because I've been given a mag to "tune the level 10" and it was actually missing some parts.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Stock Class Stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
That sounds different than the reg piston. When you replaced the reg seat, did you notice the reg pin? With everything backed out, the reg pin and seat should be cutting off the air, even if your piston was missing.

I ask because I've been given a mag to "tune the level 10" and it was actually missing some parts.
It appears to be seated correctly and should cut the airflow off. The air leaking out is major. If I screw the tank in it will drop 1000psi in my tank in a matter of seconds.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Tinkerer

CCM Fan
Hmm, maybe you have multiple things going on. I agree with spider, maybe you are missing parts. Time to pull up a diagram and check they are all accounted for.
dano_____ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Maybe some pics would help. With the reg backed out, you should have no air, much less a roar.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Stock Class Stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
Hmm, maybe you have multiple things going on. I agree with spider, maybe you are missing parts. Time to pull up a diagram and check they are all accounted for.
I actually pulled the diagram off of airgundesignsusa.com and already accounted for all the parts. I triple checked everything to make sure I had it all in there. It's all definitely inside.

What pics should I post up? I will take some and get them uploaded in a couple hours just let me know what you think you need to see.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

How about the spring pack is upside down? Those aftermarket adjusters have no hole for the spring pack center to move into, so if you have them screwed down at all, it just pushes the reg open. You have to put the end that the center pushes through toward the piston.

You can still back those all the way out and shut it down though.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #19 (permalink)
Stock Class Stud

Alright. I untwisted the backcap as far out as I could go with it still being in the threads and the leak did stop! As I screwed it in it hit a point where it began to leak out the barrel. I still couldn't fire the gun though.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopperdropper View Post
Alright. I untwisted the backcap as far out as I could go with it still being in the threads and the leak did stop! As I screwed it in it hit a point where it began to leak out the barrel. I still couldn't fire the gun though.
Did the leak grow slowly as you turned in the adjuster or just take off? Check that spring pack and make sure it is right side down. If you have a classic on/off, could your on/off pin be upside down?

You shouldn't be blowing past the on/off, if the trigger is forward, and you said you checked the gap between the rod and the trigger. Like dano said, sounds like more than one thing.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs