mcarterbrown.com

Old 11-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
Stock Class Stud

The leak took off all at once. I checked that spring pack and it is in correctly. It's mind boggling why it won't work. I even got out the micrometer and double checked the length of my on/off pin. It's right a .750 where it should be. I'm dumbfounded as to what could be causing the problem at this point.
hopperdropper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
Stock Class Stud

Okay. After much tinkering I now have it to this point. I will describe the current leak.

It is only leaking down the barrel now. If I have the backcap screwed all the way out it will not leak. Then as I screw it in it starts to leak harder and harder down the barrel. If I put a little bit of pressure on the trigger then it stops leaking. It still does not attempt to fire however.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopperdropper View Post
Okay. After much tinkering I now have it to this point. I will describe the current leak.

It is only leaking down the barrel now. If I have the backcap screwed all the way out it will not leak. Then as I screw it in it starts to leak harder and harder down the barrel. If I put a little bit of pressure on the trigger then it stops leaking. It still does not attempt to fire however.

That's good.

Sounds like your down to the on/off. It seems to be working some, and your pin ... is the right length. Still sounds like it is upside down. You have the groove side of the pin toward the sear? The straight side should be going to the o-rings inside the body. We call that the "top", but they are always down in the body when you pull the on/off out.

The other rare possibility is that your rail is extra thick. Is it AGD or aftermarket? A "custom" rail bushing can do the same thing if it is too long and lifting the valve body.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #24 (permalink)
Stock Class Stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
That's good.

Sounds like your down to the on/off. It seems to be working some, and your pin ... is the right length. Still sounds like it is upside down. You have the groove side of the pin toward the sear? The straight side should be going to the o-rings inside the body. We call that the "top", but they are always down in the body when you pull the on/off out.

The other rare possibility is that your rail is extra thick. Is it AGD or aftermarket? A "custom" rail bushing can do the same thing if it is too long and lifting the valve body.

I most definitely have the grooved end facing towards the sear. Could it be the power tube? I checked it and it has a 225 in there.

I don't have a rail. It's a micromag so it's just the body
Old 11-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopperdropper View Post
I most definitely have the grooved end facing towards the sear. Could it be the power tube? I checked it and it has a 225 in there.

I don't have a rail. It's a micromag so it's just the body
Yeah, it could be too long, keeping the PT o-ring from sealing. 225 is a longer one.

I was thinking that if you continued to pull on the trigger, the leak returned, but I don't see that above. If you hold down the trigger, the leak stops?
Old 11-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #26 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
225 sounds long. Most any mag I've use has a 220...

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #27 (permalink)
Stock Class Stud

I ran out of air. I will be refilling it tomorrow and then I will answer the question of if it's leaking upon pulling the trigger all the way back.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #28 (permalink)
Formerly known as DMex

I don't even know where to start with this. I'm confused to where it's actually leaking from. You're all over the place
Old 11-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
I don't even know where to start with this. I'm confused to where it's actually leaking from. You're all over the place
Pretend it's just starting at #22, and you'll be all caught up I think.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #30 (permalink)
Stock Class Stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
Pretend it's just starting at #22, and you'll be all caught up I think.
Yes! Go with this! It was leaking everywhere! Now it's only leaking down the barrel. It stops when I apply pressure to the trigger.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs