mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Air Gun Designs (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/)
-   -   Micromag troubles (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/218446-micromag-troubles.html)

hopperdropper 11-12-2012 09:21 PM

Micromag troubles

Ive read the stickies regarding everything I needed to check on my gun and I still can't get it fixed. As soon as I air it up it's leaking air down the barrel. When I apply any pressure to the trigger it instantly leaks out the back of the reg. I checked my sear and it's still got a nice sharp edge. I ordered a parts kit and replaced every o-ring in the gun, the reg seat, and even the bolt spring! I triple checked my sear pin and there is a slight gap between it and the trigger just like there is supposed to be. Also when I pull the trigger it doesn't attempt to fire. It just transfers air out the back of the reg instead. I need some serious help here guys! Any other info you guys need? I'm using a high output compressed air tank as well so that's not the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated as when I bought this gun it was supposed to be in working condition and came to me like this instead.

Brandon

sQuidvision 11-12-2012 09:25 PM

how far in do you have the velocity? what (exact) input pressure are you feeding it?

hopperdropper 11-12-2012 09:32 PM

I have adjusted the velocity to every possible position in an attempt to figure if that was the problem as well. The standard output on my my tank is 800psi. I double checked it and I have the on/off pin put in correctly with the end that has the groove down.

dano_____ 11-12-2012 09:38 PM

That sounds like the reg piston is bad. I had one do this as well, there is no rebuilding the piston. They are available though from agd for around $20.

hopperdropper 11-12-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dano_____ (Post 2532241)
That sounds like the reg piston is bad. I had one do this as well, there is no rebuilding the piston. They are available though from agd for around $20.

Do you mean this item Dano?

AGD Automag Regulator Valve Pin and Spring

hopperdropper 11-12-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dano_____ (Post 2532241)

Or did you mean this part? I think this is the one you are referring to after I read the description of what this parts purpose was in the gun.

AGD Automag Regulator Piston Assembly

dano_____ 11-12-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopperdropper (Post 2532247)
Or did you mean this part? I think this is the one you are referring to after I read the description of what this parts purpose was in the gun.

AGD Automag Regulator Piston Assembly

Yes, this part.

Robertsr 11-13-2012 08:27 AM

Are you trying to run a L-10 kit on it? If you're not, and you're on an L-7 bolt, PM me your shipping info and I'll give you a reg piston. I'm pretty sure I have a couple extra.

Rogue 11-13-2012 08:36 AM

If it is a lvl 10 upgrade, you might have the older reg that can't handle the pressure. I had one do the exact same thing to me and the new part cleared it right up.

Spider! 11-13-2012 10:13 AM

How's the reg adjustment working? Is it a stock reg adjuster? If you back it off does the leak stop?