mcarterbrown.com

Old 11-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #31 (permalink)
Marathoner

I first saw one in the summer of 1992.
I ended up buying one (Minimag #: MM00818) in late August for the 1992 Skirmish (PA) World Record Game.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:45 AM   #32 (permalink)

in 1996 when I was flipping through an APG Magazine and seen the full 2 page ad for the Brand New AGD Automag RT.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:39 AM   #33 (permalink)
Rec Poster

My First Mag....

Christmas for 1992, I asked for a F1 Illustrator and Bill at SplatBall Inc. in Minneapolis sold an Automag to my wife because he said it was the best gun on the wall. They were terrible in cold weather when we were still using CO2. We got to see the first prototype "nitrogen" systems that John Dale and Tom Kaye were working on. I sold all but my pumpmag in 1997, the year I got the first Angel.

I also became a WGP Autococker/Sniper fanatic in 93 because I walked into a Paintball store in San Diego called Paintball Connection. They had two people who tinkered with guns there . Russ Maynard who wrote a long series of articles about the autococker for Paintcheck magazine and Colin Thompson (Lapco) was located in the back room of that store.

I now have a Level 10 ULe, and the pump mag. I also have a 1st generation BBT (Shocktech) SFL minicocker too. I love both guns and in the mid 90's the West Coast (Cocker country) and East Coast (Mag Country) was fueled by the rivalry between these two guns.

Jim
Eelpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #34 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

When I started playing in 1992, one of the local fields team was sponsored by AGD. So right from the onset of me playing I'd wanted one, just way to much cash for me to pick one up when I was in high school. Finally picked up a used MicroMag in 2000 and I've been addicted ever since.
Ratzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #35 (permalink)
Oooo....

A few weeks ago, on here.

Have never shot one, held one, or even seen one in person.

After reading up on them in the past few days, I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up building one... Soon.

I'm crazy, right?
Celebrity Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #36 (permalink)
Rabid Otter Paintballer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebrity Ghost View Post
A few weeks ago, on here.

Have never shot one, held one, or even seen one in person.

After reading up on them in the past few days, I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up building one... Soon.

I'm crazy, right?

Nah. A classic is only $100 or so on ebay. You'll never regret it.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #37 (permalink)
Hesperia,ca

Arrow Minimag

92' first minimag
I was shooting a vm68 totally went custom burzurk on it then I was at TASO warehouse and saw a minimag! Then I was at I&I in la puente,ca and saw there wall of goody's a week later I bought one and have loved them ever since
river031403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:49 PM   #38 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Nah. A classic is only $100 or so on ebay. You'll never regret it.
Thats how i started a little over a year and a half ago... now i am neck deep in mags.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:07 AM   #39 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I started playing the sport around 1990-91 and one day while visiting my local field, I saw one. Saturday morning myself and a few friends of mine drove up to Newhall ,Ca and checked out this new place called "Field of Fire", there we were in the parking lot getting our gear in order, with mostly Sheridan, Bushmasters and other pump markers, floating around. When getting called over to chrono before the game was about to start, I then got a glimpse of my first look at a semi-auto gun and it was the Classic 68 Automag. I thought it was very futuristic looking and compact looking with it's verticle tank and sleek body.

Once on the field and the game was in play, I kept hearing this clicking noise followed by a puffing sound. I ran over to check it out and there was another player with another semi-auto marker I had never seen and sure enough, it was the Bud Orr Autococker or at least I think it was Bud Orr and not WGP at that time. Hearing the clicking sound of the cocking mechinism, watching the back-block go through its motion and producing almost no sound at all, when firing, it was so cool. I guess I was witness to the Cocker Vs. Mag so, I figured I would go Down to I&I sports and check them out for myself up close and personal. I saw that they had a mag in the display case and noticed that it didn't come with a barrel, tank or hopper and at 450$ or so, that was the end of that. A couple of years later my friend and I bought the cheaper alternative for a semi-auto , which was the PMI-3, oh well.
jwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #40 (permalink)

Started playing in the end of the 90's but had been 'into' the sport since 95ish. I would flip through paintball gear mags at sporting good stores and always saw the big 'autococker vs automag' wars. I sided with the cooler looking autocockers.
After rounding off my autococker collection with my Unicorn last year, I decided to give automags a try. I am currently finishing up a custom G7 framed pneumag ULE.

As BigEvil said to me when I showed him my build: "Looks good. Your addicted now lol"
Sad.. But true..

Last edited by Darkapollo; 12-03-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Darkapollo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs