mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Air Gun Designs (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/)
-   -   Shp and emag? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/220343-shp-emag.html)

Syko89 12-05-2012 02:35 PM

Shp and emag?

Can running shp into a emag make it so the Solonoid can't push hard enough to engage the on/off?

Justus 12-05-2012 04:31 PM

That shouldn't happen. Check with a different tank to make sure. Chances are, either your solenoid is going bad and losing power, or your Emag sear needs length adjustment.

Specs for E-Mag:

On/Off pin: .712" w/ brass top and double o-ring top.

Trigger Rod: 2.125"

Solenoid Plunger Rod: 3.005"

Use calipers.

Spider! 12-05-2012 04:53 PM

I've never tried it, but always wondered if you ran an SHP and tried to go faster than about 20 bps. You should be getting into the RT recharge cycle then. I can see the solenoid trying to fight the bottle pressure on the sear as it tries to push past the normal recharge. On the other hand, the SHP should be pushing that limit higher than normal anyway, so it is still beneficial to the rate of fire.

Ando 12-05-2012 10:19 PM

The SHP has nothing to do the the solenoid. You either have something out of adj or your battery is shot.

Syko89 12-06-2012 06:06 AM

Ok ill get some calipers and make sure that everything is set to the right spec

Justus 12-06-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ando (Post 2554138)
The SHP has nothing to do the the solenoid.

Yeah, thinking practically you certainly can rule out the SHP. Whether the tank outputs 850 psi or 1000 psi, that's still regulated down before it hits the on/off valve. So, it definitely has nothing to do with the tank regulator.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ando (Post 2554138)
You either have something out of adj or your battery is shot.

Good call on checking the battery power. I had assumed a fully charged and working battery. Dealing with old Emag batteries, that assumption probably shouldn't be made.

Syko89 12-06-2012 04:59 PM

Battery at 18.47v

sQuidvision 12-06-2012 06:53 PM

correct me if i am wrong... but isnt the whole deal with rt style valves that the "unregulated" air pressure from the tank is what hits the on/off? If that is not the case what is the difference between the air routes of a classic valve VS an RT valve and why does increasing the tank output pressure increase the re-activeness of the trigger?

boltaction 12-06-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sQuidvision (Post 2554938)
why does increasing the tank output pressure increase the re-activeness of the trigger?

I always just assumed it was magic elves. i mean, it's really the only logical explanation, really.

Side note: (Syko) When the F did you get an E-mag? Text me all about it.

Syko89 12-06-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sQuidvision (Post 2554938)
correct me if i am wrong... but isnt the whole deal with rt style valves that the "unregulated" air pressure from the tank is what hits the on/off? If that is not the case what is the difference between the air routes of a classic valve VS an RT valve and why does increasing the tank output pressure increase the re-activeness of the trigger?

This was my thinking that the higher pressure ment more kick from the on/off.