mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Air Gun Designs (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/)
-   -   Newish Tac-One/Mag owner, got a few questions. (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/223078-newish-tac-one-mag-owner-got-few-questions.html)

JesterTR 01-09-2013 03:53 PM

Newish Tac-One/Mag owner, got a few questions.

I recently acquired a Tac-One, and I have a few questions since I have never owned a mag before.

1. Will a low/no rise clamping feedneck fit on the Tac-One body, or do I need a mid/high rise one? I run a Rotor on it and I am worried the lower feednecks will not sit correctly due to the rail in front on the body.

2. What are a few good oil options for running through mags?

Zoo 01-09-2013 04:30 PM

I don't have a Tac-One body, so not sure about fitting a Rotor on it. As for oil, good quality like Gold Cup is recommended.

sQuidvision 01-09-2013 04:36 PM

The nopro feed neck works bread with a tac1 body and a rotor... I used to have one setup that way and it was great. I was using the ccm nopro.

JesterTR 01-09-2013 04:51 PM

That's what I wanted to hear squid, the CCM NoPro is the exact feedneck I have my eye on.

Thanks guys.

need4reebs 01-09-2013 09:38 PM

congrats on getting a Tac-one!!! CCM no pro works great with a rotor on the tac-one bodies as well as any Mag body that uses a angel threaded feed neck!!! Air tool oil works great on a Mag...i use Husky brand air tool oil from Ace hardware or home depot on all my Mags!!! Welcome to tha new addiction known as Mags!!!

JesterTR 01-10-2013 12:27 AM

Thanks, I was actually given the marker by a friend/fellow player. He was teching a mag at a scenario and I mentioned in passing that I wanted to get a mag one day in the future when financing and such permitted...the next thing I know he was asking for my address stating that he had an extra mag that I could have.

I was expecting a 68 classic or older minimag...but he told me it was a Tac-One....he said it didn't fit his style of mag build.

My mouth hit the floor when I got it.

sQuidvision 01-10-2013 12:28 AM

I do believe pics are in order!

JesterTR 01-10-2013 02:12 AM

I'll take some and get em posted in the next day or so.

OPBN 01-10-2013 10:17 AM

I need friends like this. You might also want to check AKA for a feedneck. They make one that is less money than the CCM and IMO just as nice or nicer since its just polished black with no advertising on it. I have them all most of my mags and you don't have to cut down the rotor feedtube as much.

need4reebs 01-10-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesterTR (Post 2588084)
Thanks, I was actually given the marker by a friend/fellow player. He was teching a mag at a scenario and I mentioned in passing that I wanted to get a mag one day in the future when financing and such permitted...the next thing I know he was asking for my address stating that he had an extra mag that I could have.

I was expecting a 68 classic or older minimag...but he told me it was a Tac-One....he said it didn't fit his style of mag build.

My mouth hit the floor when I got it.

very nice man!!! hope ya like it and keep it tho!:clapping::clapping::clapping: