mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-09-2013, 10:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mag Woes... Someone please help!!

Ok I am in dire need of help here.

I have an X-Vale ULE Custom Mag with a ULE Trigger kit. The mag is leaking somewhere itís very slight.

If I use the current carrier (.318 or #1), it shoots great but it has that small leak. The leak gets worse if I mess with the Valve I.E. turning it side to side while it is gassed up. In addition, while I shoot it seems to go away, then get louder, and then go away, and get quieter but not in any particular order.

However, it gets weirder, If I use a smaller carrier it does not shoot correctly I.E. It shoots then stops then will shoot again and repeat. With the smaller carrier, the trigger pin almost seems to get stuck in the back position. But the leak seems to stop.

I was using a PE tank regulator when doing all this. When that ran low I switched to a Standard Ninja regulator and the leak got much worse when I shot it with the .318 carrier.

I have 90/4500 SHP Ninja but I do not have any air until Saturday. I do have a MaxFlo regulator that is adjustable and I do believe that it has air in it but not that much. If any of that makes a difference.

Here is what I have done so far:

Replaced every O-ring except for the 2 and the spacer between the c-clip and the shims on the piston and the Reg Nut O-ring. I have the o-rings if you think they need replaced too, but please let me know and ideas about how to get that dammed c-clip off and then back on. I gave up on it.

I have oiled the mag.

I am currently using the .318 or 1 carrier and 2 shims on the bolt and I am currently using 4 shims on the ULE kit.
gwhetzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Formerly known as DMex

Pull all the lvl 10 shims and see what you get. You might have to go up a carrier.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

You mean all 6 Shims? The guy that sold me the gun didnt have all the part so I had to go to Tuna and ANS gear to get a complete LVL 10 kit pice by pice.

By up a carrier do you mean a larger one to the 1.5? Im at work now but I can do this when I get home today at 4.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwhetzler View Post
You mean all 6 Shims?
Just the two in the bolt; the level 10 shims.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #5 (permalink)

Ahh, I way misread that post that said pull them, Its too early I read put all the shim [in]. I failed.

I will do this as soon as I get off work. Thanks!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Formerly known as DMex

Quote:
You mean all 6 Shims? The guy that sold me the gun didnt have all the part so I had to go to Tuna and ANS gear to get a complete LVL 10 kit pice by pice.

By up a carrier do you mean a larger one to the 1.5? Im at work now but I can do this when I get home today at 4.
If you have too many shims installed it will cause a false positive (leak) and people will go down a carrier to fix it which in turn will cause bolt stick. 95% of the time the shims aren't required.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ok, When I got home the thing wasnt leaking...
But I went up a spacer to the 1.5 and it leaked (no shims)
Now because it WAS leaking I went ahead and went to the .5 then added 2 shims it shot pretty good aside from the crappy regs I have (Standard Ninja, and No Name Reg).
So I swapped the stock Goldish color spring for the red one. Now the very slight leak came back from the bolt face but goes away when I shoot the gun and will come back if it sits without being shot.

That being said Should I just go back to the 1 spacer and goldish color spring that was leaking yesterday but no-longer leaking today?

I am going to pick up some paint and Air in the 90/4500 SHP this weekend (Saturday) and see how the 1100 input will help out.

Im gonna take all my spacers and shims and the goldish and red spring to the field and see what I can do so I dont run low on air.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Scratch that! I changed back to the #1 Spacer 2 shims and the Red Spring, ULE On/Off is set to 4 shims. NO LEAKS!!!!!!!! And it shoots great. I also did the paintball with tape chop test and no chops at all! Im super excited. Not really sure whats up and why it wasnt working last night except maybe TOO much oil if that is possible.

My only other question is it doesnt want to R/T Rapid Fire now. Im useing a no name reg and the Ninja reg so my best guess is that its the input pressure being too low. I wont know for sure until Saturday unless any of you guys want to chime in.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Scratch that! I changed back to the #1 Spacer 2 shims and the Red Spring, ULE On/Off is set to 4 shims. NO LEAKS!!!!!!!! And it shoots great. I also did the paintball with tape chop test and no chops at all! Im super excited. Not really sure whats up and why it wasnt working last night except maybe TOO much oil if that is possible.

My only other question is it doesnt want to R/T Rapid Fire now. Im useing a no name reg and the Ninja reg so my best guess is that its the input pressure being too low. I wont know for sure until Saturday unless any of you guys want to chime in.
Low tank pressure is never good for testing. A ninja reg running about 850 has been about the minimum for rt for me, some new valves like more.

If it leaks again, remove the two bolt shims and change nothing else until you try it.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

K will do! Looking at Zacks page the ULT is the culprit for the RT right now. I need to add a shim or 2 if the SHP tank doesnt do it for me.

Thanks for all the insight guys!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs