mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-27-2013, 02:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

new to mags and saying hi

I've only been playing for a little over a year now and have been just using Spyders and a Diablo Mongoose I got for pretty cheap. One night, while at work, a coworker said he had some guns he wanted to sell and said one of them was an Automag and my ears perked up. I knew the name but had never actually seen one in person. Money changed hands and it was mine.

I know you guys love pics so here's what I got in the deal(excuse the dirty bag and couch).

IMG_20130127_004749 by bakoontz80, on Flickr
68 classic, hurricane valve, 12 gram adapter, gas thru stock(remote line came with it too), and 3 barrels that i know nothing about. Any info you guys could give me on any of the barrels would be great.

Thanks for the great site full of great info.
bkoontz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
------------

CCM Fan
The longer barrel is a smart parts All-American (AA). The shorter one looks like (maybe) a TASO windforce, not sure on that though. Nice grips on there as well.
boltaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Upper barrel looks like a BOA Concealer.
JMD00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

Congrats on your first!

Let's see:

1. Your Diamond Labs hurricane reg in black anodized aluminum is an interesting piece, and probably won't hurt your performance over a stock reg. Not a high-dollar item, but still an historical curiosity, and might fool some people into thinking at loose glance that you have an RT-type valve. Then, if you want even more fun, give them a stroke by calmly gassing it up with CO2.

2. Powerfeed left hopper body that, while hard to tell from the pic, looks to be either painted or with factory black teflon from AGD. In any case you will want to be sure to get the newer parabolic powerfeed plug, if it doesn't already have one.

3. Smart Parts wood grips (desirable) in the green/orange camo-ish pattern (even more desirable).

4. The bottom does look like an AA barrel, and top indeed may be a BOA concealer. I too suspect the center barrel is either a Taso Winforce or its clone, the 32 degrees Nyte Stikk.

Cool! Welcome to the club, and start making up some more spare beds, as your mag will get lonely, send out its beacon, and soon you will have more of them running around your house.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by Menace; 01-27-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaction View Post
The longer barrel is a smart parts All-American (AA). The shorter one looks like (maybe) a TASO windforce, not sure on that though. Nice grips on there as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD00 View Post
Upper barrel looks like a BOA Concealer.
thanks for the help guys. i'm excited to start turning it into something i can call my own.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace View Post
Congrats on your first!

Let's see:

1. Your Diamond Labs hurricane reg in black anodized aluminum is an interesting piece, and probably won't hurt your performance over a stock reg. Not a high-dollar item, but still an historical curiosity, and might fool some people into thinking at loose glance that you have an RT-type valve. Then, if you want even more fun, give them a stroke by calmly gassing it up with CO2.

2. Powerfeed left hopper body that, while hard to tell from the pic, looks to be either painted or with factory black teflon from AGD. In any case you will want to be sure to get the newer parabolic powerfeed plug, if it doesn't already have one.

3. Smart Parts wood grips (desirable) in the green/orange camo-ish pattern (even more desirable).

4. The bottom does look like an AA barrel, and top indeed may be a BOA concealer. I too suspect the center barrel is either a Taso Winforce or its clone, the 32 degrees Nyte Stikk.

Cool! Welcome to the club, and start making up some more spare beds, as your mag will get lonely, send out its beacon, and soon you will have more of them running around your house.
thanks for the extra info. the feed plug is the old one with the flat spot on it so there's something else on my ever growing list of goodies to buy.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

welcome to mags. old though it may be, you'll find it so much nicer than your spyders & mongoose. i owned dozens of electros over the years but i'd just as soon use my mag as i would any one of them.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

DO NOT DEAL WITH eXotiC1nE!!
homerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:36 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerj View Post
welcome to mags. old though it may be, you'll find it so much nicer than your spyders & mongoose. i owned dozens of electros over the years but i'd just as soon use my mag as i would any one of them.
thanks. once i get it back together i have a feeling i'll be doing the same. i also have a strong feeling there will be more mags in my future like Menace said.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Discovered the Hidden Cup

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
I don't have anything new to add, except that that is a NICE collection.

Can anyone identify the stock? They're pretty common but I've never seen them named by brand or manufacturer.
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

Smart parts? Maybe marksmann?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs