mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-11-2013, 05:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Possible Gun Whore

left field is a Kool place to chillax...it Kool to see different builds instead of the same 'ol same 'ol? never seen a 5lb 45/4500 CF tank before...are those even made...haha? do you have anything else you want to do to this mag or your other mags??
need4reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
left field is a Kool place to chillax...it Kool to see different builds instead of the same 'ol same 'ol? never seen a 5lb 45/4500 CF tank before...are those even made...haha? do you have anything else you want to do to this mag or your other mags??
Thanks man!

For now, I am going to give this setup a few games to see if I like it. If I don't, I will drop the tank around and use it in a more traditional sense. Whether I leave it as is or turn the tank around in a more traditional format, I may change this Mag around in a couple of ways. If I keep the tank up front, I may continue with my plans to drill and tap the forgerip extender and then mount a picatinny rail. If so, I may consider a foregrip offset at an angle or directly out the side ala a Grease Gun clip.

If I decide I don't like the tank forward concept, I may convert this 'gun to a pump 'Mag.

As for my other Automags...no, I have no immediate plans to change those. I absolutely love the feel of my Micromag and my Minimag setup...comfortable and shoot wonderfully. In the case of these to paintguns, I am not messing around with them...just feel too good in my hands as is. This third Automag will have to be the guinea pig to test out new ways to run it!

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Possible Gun Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR View Post
Thanks man!

For now, I am going to give this setup a few games to see if I like it. If I don't, I will drop the tank around and use it in a more traditional sense. Whether I leave it as is or turn the tank around in a more traditional format, I may change this Mag around in a couple of ways. If I keep the tank up front, I may continue with my plans to drill and tap the forgerip extender and then mount a picatinny rail. If so, I may consider a foregrip offset at an angle or directly out the side ala a Grease Gun clip.

If I decide I don't like the tank forward concept, I may convert this 'gun to a pump 'Mag.

As for my other Automags...no, I have no immediate plans to change those. I absolutely love the feel of my Micromag and my Minimag setup...comfortable and shoot wonderfully. In the case of these to paintguns, I am not messing around with them...just feel too good in my hands as is. This third Automag will have to be the guinea pig to test out new ways to run it!
Sa WeeT!!! post some pics if you do anything else? not really sure what the pump kit situation is so if you see a pump kit for sale snatch it up quick? you would think with so many people asking about a pump kit more would be made....i guess 15-20 people isnt enough interest???
Old 03-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
JKR

Quote:
Sa WeeT!!! post some pics if you do anything else? not really sure what the pump kit situation is so if you see a pump kit for sale snatch it up quick? you would think with so many people asking about a pump kit more would be made....i guess 15-20 people isnt enough interest???
Watching Rainman's thread on the pump kit matter like a hawk!

A good friend had a pump body and I traded him for it so a little work on the rail and I should be ready to go on that.

I am also considering getting a fourth 'Mag for the pump project...my wife would probably kill me if she read that. However, I have found that Automagitis is a sickness and there is no cure. If/when I do a pump mag, I am considering a steam punk look...polished body...brass barrel...copper colored hard lines...wood grips...useless gizmos mounted here and there for effect.

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
Old 03-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Possible Gun Whore

Quote:
Watching Rainman's thread on the pump kit matter like a hawk!

A good friend had a pump body and I traded him for it so a little work on the rail and I should be ready to go on that.

I am also considering getting a fourth 'Mag for the pump project...my wife would probably kill me if she read that. However, I have found that Automagitis is a sickness and there is no cure. If/when I do a pump mag, I am considering a steam punk look...polished body...brass barrel...copper colored hard lines...wood grips...useless gizmos mounted here and there for effect.

have you ever seen Spider's Pump Mag he made?

or Adam45's SteamPunk Mag?

those 2 built some Sa WeeT mags!!!

and here is a pump Mag thread that should be pretty easy for since you already have a shroud around the barrel...this is pretty Sa WeeT too:

My pumpmag kit ...... Whatcha think?
Old 03-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Nice reference. I don't really go for pump-over-barrel, but that was a good alternative.

The body and rail milling are the necessary part. The rest is open to interpretation.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:43 AM   #17 (permalink)
JKR

Yes, very cool reference, need4reebs...thank you!

I am going to have to check out the two steampunk 'Mags that you mention as I don't think I have seen them. I know there was a thread a while back about a steampunk build....perhaps I need to look around that thread to see what has come before me.

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

-- George Washington

Feedback
Old 03-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Yes, very cool reference, need4reebs...thank you!

I am going to have to check out the two steampunk 'Mags that you mention as I don't think I have seen them. I know there was a thread a while back about a steampunk build....perhaps I need to look around that thread to see what has come before me.
I have to search for this one by " flying circus"
The return of the scrappy-mag
Old 03-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
JKR

This miniature motorcycle is a true inspiration to me...built from watch parts!

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

-- George Washington

Feedback

Last edited by JKR; 03-14-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:24 AM   #20 (permalink)

Where did you get your foregrip extender!?

Last edited by Zeropjc; 05-15-2013 at 03:27 AM.
Zeropjc is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs