mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-16-2007, 05:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

How Common are

Twist-lock vertical minimag bodies, I have only seen one other player with one, as I recall they didn't come out until 2001-2002 but, I don't really remember what happened after that. I remember there was a big stink about AGD finally making a vertical feed, but how many were made?
If you don't know what I mean here is a pic of my current Mech mag.
sdlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

They are around, but no in plentiful numbers. More rare is the Benchmark rail in the photo. I would love one of those in dust black.

custar
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 06:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

They made probably more benchmark rails than vertical feed bodies. They made them for a long time. They are just old and people that have them on their guns have their guns sitting under their bed and never play with them anymore or know that they could sell the rail alone for 50 bucks.

The good vertical feed body is the No Rise emag body that had a feedneck built in.

Diggers paintball had some tall centerfeed bodies that were like the RT vertical feed twist locks.

Minimag centerfeed bodies are most likely all from diggers paintball

Benchmark rails arent that rare, but since everyone on AO wants a different rail, they sell at a premium. Omega rails are common and were blown out on ebay like a year or two ago.

Body would probably only be worth under 50 dollars with a barrel, maybe a bit more.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lions, Tigers, and Bears...

Cool Centerfeed Barrels

The problem is the centerfeed twist lock barrels are hard to find now.
I gave up on the twist lock bodies years ago, and went with the ULE cocker threaded ones.

Mags are, in most cases, worth more parted out, for some reason.
If the body is in good shape you could get $65.00 to $75.00 + shipping on Ebay if you include the barrel.
going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the info, I wasn't worried about value, more just trying to understand if it is just me, or do few people use them.

Yeah, My Benchmark rail was given to me by a guy who knows someone at PTP, apparently as a favor he got a whole bunch of raw parts (The rail is completely unannoed and lacks the Benchmark "B" logo that is laser engraved onto a normal one) So, I think I might repowedercoat the body, and do the rail while I am at it.

I have been surprised how, comparatively common parts just 5 years ago are selling for such a premium on AO, people really do put some money into their mags which is cool. I've seen Intelleframes go for $60 before, which is just crazy since almost everyone has one (By far the most commone double trigger on a mag).

So, does anyone else here on MCB use a Vertical Minimag body?
sdlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Benchmark rails arent that rare, but since everyone on AO wants a different rail, they sell at a premium.
Not to argue, maybe my sense of rarity is in how few I see for sale. I looked for a Benchmark rail for several months without success. Maybe they are just lurking in numbers under lots of beds.

custar
custar is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs