mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-04-2013, 12:32 AM   #11 (permalink)

I appreciate all of the insight.

I may very well end up purchasing a ULE body and saving some money for a nice frame.

Although I really have a thing for bodies that cover some of the valve (ie: Chord, Dallara), rather than just "meet it" (like a ULE or classic body).

Are there any nice looking bodies that don't cost $300?

Here an Imgur album of some Automags with bodies and set-ups that I liked.

Could anyone tell me what frame is on the first (blue and red) Automag in the above album? I like that one a lot, as well as the frame on the third (olive and black).

Preciate it.
billz804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
Un Tico

Quote:
Originally Posted by billz804 View Post
I appreciate all of the insight.

I may very well end up purchasing a ULE body and saving some money for a nice frame.

Although I really have a thing for bodies that cover some of the valve (ie: Chord, Dallara), rather than just "meet it" (like a ULE or classic body).

Are there any nice looking bodies that don't cost $300?

Here an Imgur album of some Automags with bodies and set-ups that I liked.

Could anyone tell me what frame is on the first (blue and red) Automag in the above album? I like that one a lot, as well as the frame on the third (olive and black).

Preciate it.
you have great taste, the blue/red is a ripper body and the frame on the green/black is a airwalk frame.

yeah there are some great looking mags and bodies out there. I do believe there is an awesome shockwave on AO still available, it is raw too.
C_losjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

XMT offered a MiniMag style recently and still has a Classic RT styled one that he's selling. Bot are under $200 IIRC. Pretty much every body you have pictured is going to be in the $250+ range. Mag parts simply arent cheap. Good thing about it is they hold their value fairly well.

And just for reference, the airwalk frames are typically $150+ when they come up for sale.

You do have good taste, expensive, but good. I glanced through the pics and most would cost in the $800++ range to build. And some had pretty hard to find parts.

Since I don't know how much some of the guys paid for their stuff besides rough guestimates, here's a pic of my Dallara with some costs below.

Price breakdown:

Dallara Body/Rail = $ 400
M90 Frame = $250 (doesnt include pnuematics)
Acid Customs Trigger = $ 50
BL Gear Drive ASA = $60 (doesn't include cost to sleeper mod)
Luke Customs foregrip = $ 90 (Normally $60, but I had it modded for the fitting to recess)
X Valve = $ 200
Fittings = $ 30
AKA Feednedk = $25
Sear, bolts etc = $ 30
Detents = $ 25
Grip panels = $60

Totalish = $ 1220. And this doesn't include anodizing costs or cost to install/tune the sleepr pneus or shipping costs back and forth to various places. Nor does it include the barrel. It can get expensive quick.

With that said, I recently saw a beautiful complete Dallara sell recently for about $700 or so as the seller was just looking for a quick deal.

Out of curiosity, what sort of money are you looking to spend?

Last edited by OPBN; 03-04-2013 at 08:55 AM.
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #14 (permalink)

That Dallara is awesome, almost the epitome of what I'm trying to build; slap one of those Airwalk frames on it and I'd be golden.

Honestly, though, I'm trying to make a nice mag for 'as little as possible'. I (now) realize that Automag parts aren't cheap - I'm still hoping to keep it under ~$600ish, which may mean sacrifice in one area or another.

I still think I'd rather have a nice frame with a ULE body than a nice looking body with a 'generic' frame.

Who knows, I might end up with both. Mags are fun.

Last edited by billz804; 03-04-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
That Dallara is awesome, almost the epitome of what I'm trying to build; slap one of those Airwalk frames on it and I'd be golden.
Thanks and that shows how beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I HATE Airwalk frames. IMO, they're hideous.

For $600 you should be able to do something pretty decent actually. Keep your eyes out for a decent used marker maybe that only needs one or two things changed out. You can often find nice ULE bodied, Xvalved Mags for under $400.

Take this one for example:

Black/Blue RT ULE Automag and accessories

A littel more, but this is not bad either:

maxed out red ule mag and parts f/s only

The biggest thing you will have to give up to be under $600 is probably a high end body. However, if you picked up either of these and still had say $200 left over, you could easily sell the ULE body for $100 or so and have $300 which might just find you a Chord or simliar body.

Last edited by OPBN; 03-04-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I picked this up for $550, but i think that may have been a once in a lifetime deal. It had the airwalk frame from your link above but i much prefer the triton (that is until recently when i picked up the luke's single trigger)

Old 03-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

Quote:

Honestly, though, I'm trying to make a nice mag for 'as little as possible'. I (now) realize that Automag parts aren't cheap - I'm still hoping to keep it under ~$600ish, which may mean sacrifice in one area or another.

I still think I'd rather have a nice frame with a ULE body than a nice looking body with a 'generic' frame.

Who knows, I might end up with both. Mags are fun.
You know . . . .

You COULD just keep it classic, and still have a plenty sweet marker, with all-stainless goodness. The only thing you'd sacrifice would be a little weight, and worries about hurting the anno.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sQuidvision View Post
I picked this up for $550, but i think that may have been a once in a lifetime deal.
Yep. IIRC, that one came up and sold within minutes.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #19 (permalink)

Squid, that's certainly a steal. Lucky man.

Menace, I don't mind my stainless body so much, and my marker isn't too heavy, but WOW do I dislike the powerfeed.

Makes my hopper feel two stories tall, haha.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Squid, that's certainly a steal. Lucky man.

Menace, I don't mind my stainless body so much, and my marker isn't too heavy, but WOW do I dislike the powerfeed.

Makes my hopper feel two stories tall, haha.
Lukes vert feed is nice on stainless.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs