mcarterbrown.com

Old 03-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #31 (permalink)

Got any more pics of that?
billz804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #32 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Here's my Dallara/Airwalk2 combo if it helps. Pics taken after I made love to it.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #33 (permalink)
Possible Gun Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by billz804 View Post
I've been looking at Luke's new frame for sure! I've never been a fan of vert frames, though. I prefer a regular 45.

reebs that's a dope Automag for sure. My favorite part of the Airwalk is the incorporated snatch grip. I'm thinking of building mine gloss black with accents anodized in a bright color, and I definitely need some of those CCM fittings.

you should talk to Suaze about his Dallara mag...that thing has everything your looking for and then some...and when looking for a high end body/rail like a chord or Dallara they will be more than 600...so since your already over 500 you might as well pay the extra 200 and get what you really want....i think Squid might have got Deal of the Year when he bought his Dallara...maybe even deal of tha century????

HO LEE CHIT...SUAZE just posted...haha
need4reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #34 (permalink)
Currently less swamped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
As Luke mentions, you can use an Ego '05 or Lapco feedneck.

Showoff.

THIS is one of the best arguments to be made for stainless:

Perfect metal + skilled craftsman (not only does he do the jeweling, but the anno as well) = goodness.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:34 AM   #35 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Got any more pics of that?
I put up the other side on the pic thread, which is certainly a good thread to study for options.

AGD Picture Thread
Old 03-06-2013, 12:19 PM   #36 (permalink)
MCB Member

Spider, did you seriously do the ano on that? If so... wow! Awesome job man. Reminds me of patina'd copper.
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #37 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
Spider, did you seriously do the ano on that? If so... wow! Awesome job man. Reminds me of patina'd copper.
Yes. It was, as much of my stuff, an experiment. The masking was airbrushed with clear lacquer, which is a bit hard to keep track of (who'd of thunk it?). Someday I will start doing the same thing more than once and be able offer a service for something or the other.

And that Billz, is a demonstration of the spawning of automags. You start tinkering with a mag, wishing you didn't have to mess with one that is already setup nicely. Classic valves are only about $50. You have this or that part already. Then there's a nice deal in the BST that fits the scheme perfectly. Pretty soon you have a whole new mag. And then there are the few extra parts left over...
Old 03-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #38 (permalink)

As set as I already am on building a ULE mag, now I'm looking at ways to improve my classic... your picture of that mag is probably at fault!

That thing is seriously beautiful. Totally makes me want to get Luke's vertical mod done and buy an intelliframe to slap on there..

Let me know if you do start offering that as a service, or perhaps is anyone else doing jeweling like that right now?

I need it.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #39 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
As set as I already am on building a ULE mag, now I'm looking at ways to improve my classic... your picture of that mag is probably at fault!

That thing is seriously beautiful. Totally makes me want to get Luke's vertical mod done and buy an intelliframe to slap on there..

Let me know if you do start offering that as a service, or perhaps is anyone else doing jeweling like that right now?

I need it.
Jeweling is one thing I do offer. I have a thread in the dealers section somewhere that I should bump up. My prettiest jobs have been for others' builds. I've copied a couple for my own uses.

Luke's vert mod is pretty interesting to play with. I've been surprised at how well it feeds at different angles, and having the loader offset is a lot nicer than I expected as well (for visibility straight up or tilted).

The total cost of verting (with clamping feedneck), polishing, and jeweling a stainless body is in the ballpark of a ULE body, so you don't see a bunch of them.

Spider!s Garage - Jeweling Stainless Mags
Old 03-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #40 (permalink)

Thanks for the info. That's something cool to keep in mind for the future.

Got a new question -

Can a nickel paintball part be re-annodized? I'm assuming it can, but just want to be sure before I pick up the last of a certain part I want (which only comes in nickel).-

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs