mcarterbrown.com

Old 03-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

68Automag A.I.R. Valve On/Off Issue

I'm getting a high pitch farting noise when I'm holding the trigger back, like something is not sealing properly. I recently changed out all the o-rings in the on/off. Top, bottom and pin are still the same and I just replaced the top with a stock top. And freshly oiled as well.

This was a new-to-me valve that I started rebuilding and fixing up and appeared to have some sort of aftermarket on/off top that was stuck at the bottom of the on/off reservoir. (Top Hat shaped with holes on the side) I'm hoping I didn't mar the sides of the reservoir when I was trying to remove it.

Would this cause the issue or does this issue sound familiar to anyone else as far as being more common, as far as debris on o-rings or bent pin? The pin looked fine and rolled on the table flat and the o-rings I put in were new.

I'm going to swap out the on/off completely with another gun to see if problem follows when I get home from work but was hoping someone might be able to isolate the issue from experience. Thanks in advance.
audioSLAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Custom User

CO2 Or HPA ?
adam45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

HPA
Old 03-16-2013, 11:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Custom User

Replace the Valve Body Hole Small O-ring and check to see if the on/off pin is upside down.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Custom User

Also check to see if the on/off pin is the correct length. Its possible that the on/off pin was made shorter to create more reactivity with the different top.

Also if the on/off top was stuck in the Valve body there may be a small bit of Oring residue inside the Valve body that is not allowing a proper seal. Have a good look in there and clean it really well.

Lol. Is that enough?
Old 03-17-2013, 02:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Thanks for the input. After swapping bits and pieces between two markers I was able to isolate the issue to one of the two top o rings that were "new". There was also some minor debris from previous o ring in the on/off top.

Are you doing North Shore for Easter this year Adam45? I met you a few Easters back out there when I was visiting my brother, he had the purple Grimace mag. Hope all is well on the west coast, thanks again for the help.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Custom User

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioSLAVE View Post
Thanks for the input. After swapping bits and pieces between two markers I was able to isolate the issue to one of the two top o rings that were "new". There was also some minor debris from previous o ring in the on/off top.

Are you doing North Shore for Easter this year Adam45? I met you a few Easters back out there when I was visiting my brother, he had the purple Grimace mag. Hope all is well on the west coast, thanks again for the help.
Hello again

I will be at the Easter game, its the one game I dont miss. Thanks for pointing out our meeting at the field. I Remember talking that day, there are not many mags at NS and it was good to meet you both.

Your welcome

Last edited by adam45; 03-17-2013 at 10:00 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs