mcarterbrown.com

Old 03-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #11 (permalink)

Listen to both those guys they have been at it much longer than myself.
njt11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
Possible Gun Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by classichunter View Post
So if I read correctly, even buying a SHP reg from ninja won't fix the issue. It's more about the ULT than tuning?

OPBN said it best, if the lvl 10 isnt tuned properly getting it to shoot ropes will be harder to do!

the SHP reg will put out the higher output pressure the valve needs for the RT effect.

the amount of shims in your ULT will determine how much of an RT effect you will get?
-the more shims equals a shorter on/off pin which equals more/faster RT'ing

-the less shims equals a longer on/off pin which will equal less/if any RT effect but you will have a lighter trigger pull

-to many shims in the ULT will result in either the ULT not fitting in the valve or you will get a run away/full auto trigger that cycles until you turn off/disconnect the air or you run out of air...that kind of sucks..haha! 7 shims is too many, and ive had mixed results using 6 shims, so since 5 shims works great for my ULT in my valve thats the best set up for me...and since no ULT or valve act exactly the same you have to figure out the best combo for your ULT in your Valve.
need4reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
Possible Gun Whore

also check out these threads:
** Official Level 10 Problems Thread **
BlackVCG's ULT Thread
need4reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
no ULT or valve act exactly the same you have to figure out the best combo for your ULT in your Valve.
This. What works for one person may not work for another. What works in one valve, may not work when that valve goes into another body. All frames don't work the same either. Also, are you using an Intelliframe or a stock CF frame? I have found it tougher to get the stock frames to RT consistently compared to Intelliframes. And all double frames are not equal. Benchy double frames have a different setup, so they pull differently. It took me a fairly long time to get mine set up just the way I like it. Lots of adjusting something, firing off a few hundred shots, taking it apart, adjusting, reassembling, firing off some more etc. And one thing you may find is that all your hard work and tuning goes to crap the moment you step on the field and nothing works. Then its back to the workbench.
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #15 (permalink)

Talking Level 10 tuning

Going to get my hands on a shp reg and give it a try. Just to prove I can do it. Not many sites would let me on with a full auto. Thanks for all the help guys.
classichunter is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs