mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-18-2013, 10:34 PM   #31 (permalink)
All hail RatFink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
So, was the recess in the body fortunately the same size or a little larger than the cocker feedneck?
Yes, I mic'd a few of the clamping necks I had lying around and they were all really close, but the A+ neck I wanted to use for this was just under the factory Micro's neck O.D. The factory MM has a 45 chamfer at the bottom of the neck that I relieved into a small radius so it would fit the clamping neck perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke-AO View Post
Nice work, but I can see 2 easier ways to do it.
Thanks, that's why I posted up days ago, just searching for your infinite wisdom. Where were your answers then?

On a separate note, what a crappy sear the Pro Team Products Micro Mags had compared to the nicely finished and bushed sears of the AGD mags. I'm working to remedy that as well.
Feedback
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:15 AM   #32 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFink View Post
On a separate note, what a crappy sear the Pro Team Products Micro Mags had compared to the nicely finished and bushed sears of the AGD mags. I'm working to remedy that as well.
PTP sears were AGD sears, even the modified ones used in the Emicros. My guess is that age and how the marker was treated have something to do with the quality of the finish on the sear. Depending on the version they have an unheated case hardened finish and are made from high carbon steel, or cadmium plated hardened steel. High carbon steel can oxidize pretty badly if the finish isn't intact.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #33 (permalink)
All hail RatFink!

The two sears I have here are very similar, but indeed different. What I was referring to wasn't the finish as in the plating, but the finish of the laser that cut the part out. you can see the AGD sear on the left has a much finer grain, while the micro Mag sear has a very corse cut. They have different size bumpers at the front as well. The AGD sear had a nice fat brass bushing where it rides. The PTP sear doesn't and what's even worse, is the pivot hole itself is lasered as well, not even drilled and reamed. The surface hardness combined with the poor finish in the hole of the PTP sear was galling the pivot pin and would act sticky and not pivot smoothly. The AGD sear on the left measures .110 in width and won't even fit in my Micro Mag. The micro's sear is only .100 and doesn't have the small relief where the clevis attaches. I sanded the bushings sides and will surface grind the AGD sear to fit, so I can use the nicer sear.
Feedback
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #34 (permalink)
Post Whore

Those are both AGD sears, one is an earlier generation.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #35 (permalink)
MCB Member

I have some known AGD sears with the machining marks. I mainly have taken exception to the marks where the on/off pin rides, and sometimes the bolt lip. I polish the on/off area to a shine, which is worth about 0.005" (like a shorter pin). Polishing the bottom of a ULT pin and the sear contact point together makes a nice trigger. I keep a setup just for that.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #36 (permalink)
lukescustoms.com

Quote:
Thanks, that's why I posted up days ago, just searching for your infinite wisdom. Where were your answers then?
Whats with the prissy attitude? I was not downing your mod, quite frankly I don't want to mess with them, that's why. Looks like your a machinist, you should know there's always an easier or different way.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #37 (permalink)
Possible Gun Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke-AO View Post
Whats with the prissy attitude? I was not downing your mod, quite frankly I don't want to mess with them, that's why. Looks like your a machinist, you should know there's always an easier or different way.
Whoa? i think Rat was kidding around wit ya big Dawg?

Hey Rat nice work on tha feed neck mod dood!
need4reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:36 AM   #38 (permalink)
lukescustoms.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
Whoa? i think Rat was kidding around wit ya big Dawg?
There is nothing indicating he was kidding and nothing I said should have been taken as an insult. (Either post.)
Old 09-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #39 (permalink)

so any other ways to unpress the feedneck?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs