mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-02-2007, 12:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

My first automag

Just picked this up through craigslist for $50. I've done my best to fix it up, there was a little rust that came right off with some automotive sandpaper. I've watched the old automag video and read the manual but it is a bit dated. Is the "rubber foamie" still used? Are there any other updates that have come out I should utilize?

I haven't actually been able to fire it yet, I'm waiting on a power tube o-ring to come in the mail.

A picture says a thousand words, and I know Ill probably get yelled at if I don't show anything - Even though its nothing special. Serial Number: CF06881

Also came with this Viewloader 90, a foam case and a 12oz co2 tank that was about 10 years out of hydro test. The hopper looks a lot smaller in person
Old 10-02-2007, 12:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Yes; that bolt takes a foamie.

Two thumbs up on the Tom Kaye -style braided hose. It looks very clean!

My only advice would be to cut down the feed a little bit... I always found it to be too long!
A.C. Basbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

For $50 that is sweet. That is an oldie. What is the valve number? It should start with CF....

OOPS I should learn to read. You did post the valve NO. great condition for a mag that old.

And yea, that bolt needs a foamie. Looks like an old level 5 bolt and that old view loader probably came with the gun originally.

Someone bought this new and never used it.

Last edited by z1p101; 10-02-2007 at 01:51 AM.
z1p101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Marathoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by z1p101 View Post
Someone bought this new and never used it.
Hehe, or ran straight CO2 into it and shot downhill, and got scared of how bad it leaked.

Tip to ljpiller: You will want to run this on compressed air, or get a Stabilizer to help keep liquid from getting into the gun. Best results would probably be compressed air. Cheaper and good results would be had with a Stabilizer. Supercheapest results would be had with an inline micron filter and/or remote.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

That will run fine on anti siphon co2 with that badass back bottle setup. Just dont walk around the field pointing down when you arent shooting.

Leave it back bottle, that is ultra bitchin.

That is a great setup, I love it. That is definitely the tom kaye "because it is easier to remove the valve" air setup

The only thing I would do is buy a non foamie longnose bolt.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs