mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Air Gun Designs (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/)
-   -   Emag electronic workings (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/235655-emag-electronic-workings.html)

TimberlineShooter 06-15-2013 06:03 PM

Emag electronic workings

For the last month I've been working on a Emag the mechanical mode works great though the electronics don't. Any hits would be great the battery is working just fine though the guns electrics won't firer up
Any help would be great

BLachance75 06-15-2013 07:05 PM

Double check your battery. Also make sure it is making a good connection with the contacts. Some batteries need to have an oring under it to lift it a little to make better contact.

TimberlineShooter 06-15-2013 07:23 PM

We've tryed that and it still doesnt seem to be working. Were thinking that it might be the board any ideas about that?

OPBN 06-15-2013 09:54 PM

The boards are getting older, very possible it's fried. Try checking the grounding screw that holds the board in the frame. Might be worth it to send it to Tunaman. He is pretty much the go to guy for Emags.

bss 06-16-2013 11:25 AM

Need a little more description....

Does the board turn on and the LED display turn on?

If the board does not turn on, check your battery and wiring connections. Verify that the ground has contract to the raw aluminum on the trigger frame. Verify that the positive wire has the plastic insulator bushing were it is mounted to at the trigger frame. (If you don't have the plastic insulator bushing, you are short circuiting the board.) You can also try jumping the battery power to the board too.

If the board turns on with the LED display, check your solenoid. The solenoid only pulls on the shaft. Extend the shaft out manually, then fire the trigger.....

Before I go further, try the above steps and give us detailed description of the issue. Video clip helps best.

TimberlineShooter 06-16-2013 01:27 PM

Will try that I'll keep the thread updated once I get some time later today to work on the mag

TimberlineShooter 06-16-2013 03:18 PM

When I do get the led screen to light up it says AGD 1.37 what does that mean?

BLachance75 06-16-2013 07:22 PM

That is the software version

TimberlineShooter 06-16-2013 07:24 PM

Thanks guys the electronics fired up and I'll be able to figure out how the gun works later this evening
I'll keep the thread updated

bss 06-16-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimberlineShooter (Post 2735360)
Thanks guys the electronics fired up and I'll be able to figure out how the gun works later this evening
I'll keep the thread updated

Nice to here that the electronics fired up. The board can be flashed to other software versions. X-mod Beta 1.8 is the way to go. If you decide to upgrade to X-mod, Tuna Man can flash it to X-mod Beta 1.8.