mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Air Gun Designs (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/)
-   -   Q or Warp ? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/24575-q-warp.html)

fog 10-21-2007 10:27 AM

Q or Warp ?

I shoot equally lh or rh.
Also i was told peeps in FL have Q problems do to heat an humidity deforming paint an thus accuracy suffers.
Interested in how it affects balance as well
or anything else u can think of pertaining to Q versus Warp
OPINIONS please

sparky 10-22-2007 03:34 PM

Depending on the way you setup your marker will affect your balance. Warp feeds on the left or right side of the marker tend to make that side feel heavier, most because of weight of the hopper and paint.

If you setup a Qloader centered on the marker, like under your barrel, your balance should pretty much unaffected. Weight change compared to the warp feed would be a lot less if you mounted on side compared to the warp feed.

Qloaders do work well when you spend the time to set them up properly and use good paint in them.

SN toter 10-22-2007 03:40 PM

Buy a new warp, support AGD ;)

I like the warp better(had issues with a Q before), but the Qloader I think looks a little cleaner. It's gonna come down to personaly preference. Try em first if you can, thats the best advice I can give you.

fog 10-22-2007 03:45 PM

thanks all , i had the same question on AO and ive decided the Q is btr for myself .

noxx55 10-22-2007 03:59 PM

I like the Q because it doesn't need batteries to function. Still finicky though.

fog 10-22-2007 04:27 PM

Noxx those springfeeds u make are hot ! i,ll be ordering one soonish
I might ask for a custom length tho (not sure yet )i think i saw that u do them in custom lengths ?
Im going to put it on the classic mag pistol that is one of my projects

pillage 10-22-2007 04:34 PM

With the q-loader, read the directions, and experiment with it before you go play. Game day is not the time to be bolting it on your marker. I like mine as it feeds even while upside down. It is definatley not plug and play like most loaders. The warpfeed on the other hand is more friendly from the persective it works like most hoppers and is simple in theory. Some days I don't feel like messing with the q-loader, other days I would not give it up.

noxx55 10-22-2007 06:01 PM

Pillage is right, the Q is not something you take out of the box, strap on, and play with. I made that mistake. My springfeeds come in any length you want. Just LMK.

pillage 10-22-2007 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noxx55 (Post 233593)
Pillage is right, the Q is not something you take out of the box, strap on, and play with. I made that mistake. My springfeeds come in any length you want. Just LMK.

I did as well, luckly I had another loader as well on that day. The Q-loader is neat, feeds faster than anything else, and in any position. When I first got mine, I was messing around with one of the fully loaded pods and I made the mistake of depresing the windup detent. It emptied the complete pod in about two seconds. I had one hundred paintballs spread all over my garage. I'm still finding one every now and then.:D

fog 10-22-2007 07:06 PM

lmaooooo @ pillage,i can see that

Noxx,thanks for the info i,ll be lettin u know when i decide