mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-03-2014, 02:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Safety Removal - Benchmark and Intelliframe

So I cannot for the life of me figure out the trick to get the safety's off the Benchmark and Intelliframe.

On the Intelliframe, I did remove the set screw and spring, but can't figure out how to push or pull it through. On the Benchmark, I am completely lost. Any help would be appreciated!

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
On the Intelli you have to remove the trigger to get the safety out. I never had to remove one from a Benchmark so I can't really help there.

Personally I like having a safety on my guns. I actually bought 2 new ones to go in my 2 Luke frames.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
How do you get the trigger off first on the Intelliframe? I wouldn't be taking them off, but I am sending the frames out for ano and I want the trigger itself to remain the raw aluminum color.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Quote:
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmag11 View Post
How do you get the trigger off first on the Intelliframe? I wouldn't be taking them off, but I am sending the frames out for ano and I want the trigger itself to remain the raw aluminum color.
you press the trigger pin out, of course!

as for the benchmark safety, if you look on the safety pin you'll see a tiny setscrew sticking out...looks like that comes out, then the safety can be pulled out. the detent ball and spring can then be removed. removing the trigger would be the same; press the pin out.

with regards to pressing the pin out, you have to press it out in the correct direction. one end of the trigger pin will have some splines on it; you want to press that end out. if you don't see them as you're pressing it out, stop and press it out in the opposite direction. if you look closely, you might even be able to tell which end is splined before you start. on my three benchmark frames, the left side has the splines, so you would press the pin out from the right. make sense?
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

The set screw on the benchmark frame is super freaking tiny!!! I had to ask PTP if they had an extra one laying around when I bought one of the last safeties they had. I had some pretty tiny allen wrenches and none of them were small enough. Once you get it out, be careful removing the safety as the ball and spring are in a hole under the safety.
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Wow, I am a dummy. I didn't even think about the trigger pin. :facepalm:

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-03-2014, 06:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Closer to home.....

CCM Fan
Pat, take a small punch, nail set, or a nail to punch it out. Use a hammer and tap on one side to make sure you hitting the correct side of the pin. Make sue you use something to cushion the frame while pounding on it.

For the safety, remove the small set screw first, watch out for the little spring to pop out! There is a small ball bearing under the spring, so don't lose it. Tap the safety out with from the right side using a punch or nail set.

My Feedback: Here on MCB BigEvilOnline Automags.org PaintBallNation
Zondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Euro-feed RT lover

I've used the tip of a exacto knife to remove the tiny set screw from the benchy frame. You can turn it out just like with a allen wrench. No allen wrench I've ever seen is small enough to fit.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Thanks for all the help everyone!

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-11-2014, 02:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
I've used the tip of a exacto knife to remove the tiny set screw from the benchy frame. You can turn it out just like with a allen wrench. No allen wrench I've ever seen is small enough to fit.
Be careful with that. The no.11 blade tips snap off easily. "You'll put your eye out kid!"

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs